--
Boots

March 6th, 2004  
soilder79936

Topic: what is ur favorite rank

Mine is Lt COL
March 6th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I read somewhere that Captain is the best rank because you're still out in the field with the men and respected by the brass.

But I dunno enoughto form my own opinion.
March 6th, 2004  
Popeye

I wouldn't be anything higher then a Capt. because I would still want to be out on the field. But in truth I would rather be out on the field and something lower then a Capt. so I wasn't in complete control.
--
Boots
March 6th, 2004  
Redneck

General of the Army.
March 6th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Commander in Chief, beat that Redneck 8)
March 6th, 2004  
Redneck

Dictator. BA-ZING!
March 6th, 2004  
Mark Conley

How about the CEO of Microsoft? sheesh, screw that bullet and bomb thing...

Actually, I always thought that an E-7 Enlisted in the American armed forces actually had more power and authority than some officers ranks.

I always admired and wanted to be a warrant officer...but the Air Force just didnt have them. And i really didnt want to join the army or the navy. I later found out that most airmen didnt know what one was anyway
March 6th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Emperor
March 6th, 2004  
Redneck

I'm with you on the Microsoft issue.

Our AG sergeant here used to work in the Pentagon and he said that you would see four stars being sent on coffee runs by civilian contractors, so I don't really think I'd like to spend 30 odd years of my life working up to General just to be relegated to go-fer.
March 6th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Just to beat off GuyontheRight I would say the most powerful authoritative position a human person could be would have to be given to the Antichrist. :P But I would prefer to be a 4 or 5 star general. they can still be at the front with their troops and you have lots of power.