What unit wore this?

I have what I believe to be a unit insignia. It is round with a banner under it. It is silver with red. It is about 1 inch across. It has a cross with stars at the ends of all four cross arms. The motto on the banner at the bottom is "Corona Veniet Delectis." I have seen a photo of a WWII Army nurse, she has this pinned to her dress jacket epilets next to her rank insignia. What unit wore this?

Here's the picture you sent me Sandy:

corona-veniet.JPG

I have that photo

Eagle Strike: thanks for your hard work, but that is the photo I have that shows the insignia. I got permission to print the photo and oral history from Greensboro. I am going to use it as part of my living history display. If you read the oral history the interviewer never asks her what unit she was with. She only tells about the home front hospitals she worked at. She never went overseas. So, I am still searching for answers. We have a book that shows all the unit patches from WWII, and one that has information on collor brass. Does anyone know of a book that is about other types of unit insignia? Thanks for your help!

Redleg: Thanks for adding the photo!

Nurse Sandy

I don't know if this will help but Corona Veneit Delectis (Victory shall come to the worthy) happens to be the motto of Company W-4 Pershing Rifles at the College of William and Mary.
http://w4.pershingrifles.com/
It may be only a coincidence but it may also lead to something.

I found this site for ya...

http://services.wmalumni.com/PDF/PastMagazineIssues/Winter2001/Departments/Circa.pdf#search='Victory%20shall%20come%20to%20the%20worthy'

it require Adobe reader. Here's the article

THE QUEEN’S GUARD: AN HONOR GUARD FOR THE AGES
For 40 years the Queen’s Guard of William and Mary has been the official honor guard of the College. Conceptualized
by former university president, Dr. Davis Y. Paschall ’32, M.A. ’37, the Queen’s Guard made
its debut at President Paschall’s Inauguration on Oct.13, 1961. During the 1960s they became well known
throughout the state, marching as “Ambassadors of Spirit” at inaugurations of governors, Homecoming
parades, Commencement, football games and the Sunset Ceremony.
Today, the Queen’s Guard remains true to its heritage. Organized in honor of Queen Mary, Queen Anne
and Queen Elizabeth II, the Queen’s Guard remains a living vestige of the College’s heraldic and royal past.
Their Motto is Corona Veniet Delectis, “Victory shall come to the worthy.” The Queen’s Guard, whose uniforms
and insignia conform to the standards of heraldry, remains one of the few American College honor
guards to be granted its charter by the United States Army’s Institute of Heraldry.
— Jeb Stuart Rosebrook
Photos: SOA Archives

I know it's two years later, but the unit crest you have a picture of is that of Lawson General Hospital. It was a rehab hospital in northeast Atlanta during WWII. The organization you are looking for is ASMIC, American Society of Military Insignia Collectors.

The unit crest is from Lawson General Hospital. It was a rehab and psych unit in NE Atlanta. You can Google it. That's how I found this question. Organization is ASMIC, also Googleable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back