what type of mindset is there for the development of tech?

Mark Conley

Talking with others on different forums..I get the impression that there is more to developing technology for warfare than just the need to kill or destroy things.

It would seem that different countries have different ways they go about developing technology. So what are they?

For example, in the USA, we develope items usally as a response to another nations technology. Then we try to overwork it to make it go as far as it can get. (Take the F-15: a good fighter developed to take on the best the Soviets had in their arsenal, then we hung bombs and stuff on it to make it a fighter bomber, ect)

For your country, if you can, explain what the mind set is behind the development of the technology.

:D

I'd say you're right about the US. And I say it depends on the country you live in. Australia develops relatively short range fighters because they're an island and have no need for long range strike ability. France has fighters that can take off from remote areas(fields, roads, etc.). Russia creates fighters(appearantly) to perform hyperaerobatic maneuvers that scare the hell outta everyone. And the US Skunk Works creates fighters to shoot these hyperfighters out of the sky.

Back