What to you think of this wimp - Page 2

--

April 8th, 2004  
Jtf2

I don't think a trained soldier would go awol unless he dosent have faith in he's country.....i think there is much more to this then we see
April 8th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtf2
I don't think a trained soldier would go awol...
April 10th, 2004  
Pogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
He's just pissed about not getting some college tutition money is what I've heard. He's coping out by turning into a cowardly cry-baby. If he was in my unit and wanted to be a C.O. I'd send him to become a medic then he could become that instrument of peace he's yapping about. The guys a disgrace to anyone who's ever donned a uniform in defense of his country and its interests. Actually would have the guts to become a medic. "An oil driven war" my a**. Yeah they ought to send him back to wherever he came from but not until he's done a long stint in the stockade. If he wants to take the route of a C.O. then he has to pay the consequences for his actions like an adult.
right on.
--
April 10th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Topic: Re: A disgrace to the uniform.

Quote:
It is standard practice for citizens of other nations to EARN their US citizenship through military service. There are MANY fine soldiers in the military who were not born citizens of the U.S.
Yes, we dirty immigrants can sometimes make a go of it.
April 10th, 2004  
IrishWizard

Doing something like that should be treated as desertion.. And as Thomas Jackson said in the Civil War "If it is desertion, then by no means should we hold back. They must be shot." He just weezed off stuff from our gov. till he didn't want to anymore. Now the news is going to make a hero out of this guy for not fighting for something he doesnt believe in. There lucky im not president... :P
April 10th, 2004  
rlbush

Have him guard the front gates of Fallujah
April 10th, 2004  
Jamoni

Well, if his crime had been desertion in the face of the enemy, I would agree that he should face the death penalty, but he deserted while on leave, which, while still reprehensible and a crime, at least did not immediately endanger his unit or mission. So I'm all for a long jail sentence. Isn't it weird that you can get out of jail by joining the army, and get out of the army by going to jail?
April 19th, 2004  
hc^patonki

I think he is right about the war in Iraq is a war driven by oil, but if he dont want to serve in army because that, he has chosen pretty wrong career and should resign from army.
People who says he dont want to defend his homecountry U.S(?) are wrong because I dont see how U.S is defending itself by attacking to Iraq.
April 19th, 2004  
Jamoni

Doesn't matter what he believes. You don't RESIGN from the army. What he did is a crime, and should be treated as such. As long as he's willing to accept that, (and accept the fact that death may be the penalty) so be it.
June 28th, 2004  

Never heard anything about this story, how did it end? (if it ended already)