What do you think

Marksman

Hello all,well since i am 3D designer for some time (although un expirianced) i made this model and i need opinios so id know if i am on right way or not

M16ss.jpg

Thanks to all

Dusan

Looks dead on to me. The only thing that could be better is the hand guard but that's quibbling.

studio 3dMax?
nice renders btw, any chance of u posting a tutorial or smth to tell us how u did it?

heres modified version,i added few extra details,and as for tutorial,well all i did was that i took an M16 picture,set it in the background and lined up boxes and cylinders due to it so they look in scale and then modified them a bit (chanfer and all) and used the boolean compund offcourse

Max is great software

m16beta.jpg

thats cool, take ur time, iv read some stuff on 3d gfx stuff, but never played with it, always wondered how it was actually done

just for practise,i made M1A1 thompson too,but its way out of shape for final render,il have to work on it a little bit more :lol:

Do you by any chance model something different...as in small UAV-with not a big polycount?
And btw the M16 looks great.

Thanks rOk,well yea i could try and do a UAV,do u need it for something specific or ? i mean how detailed can i be?

cheers

I need it for a game(Flashpoint). I'm (slowly) working on a Leo2 A6 with a fictional UAV which would (through scripts) transmit a picture to the tank commander...thus greatly improving situational awareness.
I already have the tank (not my work though) and some rough script concepts>>>mainly about the UAV flight pattern around the tank.
I'm actually stuck on a script which handles the launch and "landing" of the UAV but I sent the stuff to some script guru's to take a look at it, so hopefully that'll sort out.

You might recognize the pattern from C&C Generals which I played a couple of years back...that's where I got the idea.
Just to clarify...I'm thinking about a rotary type UAV.

Back