What do you think - Page 4

--
Boots

February 18th, 2005  
sunb!

Now, that is what I call a decent piece of artwork! I love the wood texture on that one!

February 18th, 2005  
Marksman

Thanks sunblock,il improve my self and hopefully do better
February 20th, 2005  
Marksman

here,this link will work better
--
Boots
February 20th, 2005  
A Can of Man

That is just superb!
February 20th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
heres modified version,i added few extra details,and as for tutorial,well all i did was that i took an M16 picture,set it in the background and lined up boxes and cylinders due to it so they look in scale and then modified them a bit (chanfer and all) and used the boolean compund offcourse

Max is great software

Years ago, I learned Boolean Algebra for circuit design and simplification. Is that a close comparison to the boolean compound? I think the rendering is perfect. The forestock should be a little larger circumference at the rear (near the receiver).
February 21st, 2005  
Marksman

yeap boolean compund object did the the majority on this one,although it made me some problems since i didnt adjust the number of verticies of operand A with number of verticies on operand B,u seem to know this stuff
February 21st, 2005  
Missileer

I wouldn't attempt the 3D you have done and am not the greatest source code writer in the world but when electronics logic (ICs), came along I had to relearn how to do design because I was always an analog man. All we had at first were NAND gates so you had to come up with the equation for a circuit that you were designing such as a flip-flop using nothing but NAND gates.

The truth table for a 2 input NAND is 0+0=1
0+1=0
1+0=0
1+1=0
By assigning boolean terms A, B, & C to the ins and outs, you could get it into an algebraic term and then into a formula for a complicated circuit. I hope you didn't already know all this so I won't feel like an idiot.
February 21st, 2005  
Whispering Death

The new AK-47 looks much better. Your other guns are lacking in texture and shaders but the models themselves are quality.
February 22nd, 2005  
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
I wouldn't attempt the 3D you have done and am not the greatest source code writer in the world but when electronics logic (ICs), came along I had to relearn how to do design because I was always an analog man. All we had at first were NAND gates so you had to come up with the equation for a circuit that you were designing such as a flip-flop using nothing but NAND gates.

The truth table for a 2 input NAND is 0+0=1
0+1=0
1+0=0
1+1=0
By assigning boolean terms A, B, & C to the ins and outs, you could get it into an algebraic term and then into a formula for a complicated circuit. I hope you didn't already know all this so I won't feel like an idiot.
yes but in 3Dmax,boolean compound is presented graphicly more than explicitly,so it makes things helluva lot easier
February 23rd, 2005  
Marksman

here,this is the last one.After this one, i wont bother u anymore