What do you think

Yea il help u rOk,but have in mind that im still a newbie :lol:
although i need practice,just give me the specific model of UAV and il make it,and heres a "PIMPED" version of those above

M16-M203.jpg

Hey Italian,wassup man,yea long time no talk :lol:

If you did that M16...as in putting the dots on the background pic then your not a noob in my book...you should have seen my sniper rifle a few months back...the thing had a whole lot of wrong faces...though it was only an experiment to see if I can get the hang of it but sadly I don't have a lot of time to learn this too(I already learned how to script in OFP language, gf is helping(a lot) texture wise-she's a Photoshop master :D )...and this is just for fun...but sometimes it almost feels as a fulltime job (as in amount of brain power and energy that goes into it)

About the UAV design...that's basically still open...but I'll give you some pointers directly from C&C...but in general just be creative...I have a very open mind :D...oh and the machine gun is optional.

USA_Unit_LaserDrone.jpg

sentrydrone.gif

tank_drone.jpg

scout_drone.jpg

Looks great!
The handguard could use some grooves still though. Unless you're going for the early versions of the weapon. But in that case it'd have to look a little more triangular on the part close to the magazine.

yea handguards are a bit oddlooking,but hey :lol:

@rOk

Well il give it a try but im on hold till i get better computer,i just cant work on this darn thing :lol:

Great job, my department uses Mechanical Desktop and SolidWorks as design tools all the time. THe only thing is the your muzzle is a little long after the handguards, would need a long bayonet to fit that gun...

The renders are nice but I think you should add other colors to it as well as detail. Your work right now looks like half done renders than final work.

The AK render would look really great if you textured the shaft and stock, added a metal casing texture on the mechanism and barrel. Try to get more focus on your work as well - do you unsharpen your work for some reason?

well i guess i could texture these guns,and no i dont unshaprpen my work for any specific reason,i dont have anything to hide i just think that they look better this way thats all

Cheers :lol:

Now, that is what I call a decent piece of artwork! I love the wood texture on that one!

:D

Marksman said:
heres modified version,i added few extra details,and as for tutorial,well all i did was that i took an M16 picture,set it in the background and lined up boxes and cylinders due to it so they look in scale and then modified them a bit (chanfer and all) and used the boolean compund offcourse

Max is great software

m16beta.jpg

Years ago, I learned Boolean Algebra for circuit design and simplification. Is that a close comparison to the boolean compound? I think the rendering is perfect. The forestock should be a little larger circumference at the rear (near the receiver).

yeap boolean compund object did the the majority on this one,although it made me some problems since i didnt adjust the number of verticies of operand A with number of verticies on operand B,u seem to know this stuff :lol:

I wouldn't attempt the 3D you have done and am not the greatest source code writer in the world but when electronics logic (ICs), came along I had to relearn how to do design because I was always an analog man. All we had at first were NAND gates so you had to come up with the equation for a circuit that you were designing such as a flip-flop using nothing but NAND gates.

The truth table for a 2 input NAND is 0+0=1
0+1=0
1+0=0
1+1=0
By assigning boolean terms A, B, & C to the ins and outs, you could get it into an algebraic term and then into a formula for a complicated circuit. I hope you didn't already know all this so I won't feel like an idiot. :)

Missileer said:
I wouldn't attempt the 3D you have done and am not the greatest source code writer in the world but when electronics logic (ICs), came along I had to relearn how to do design because I was always an analog man. All we had at first were NAND gates so you had to come up with the equation for a circuit that you were designing such as a flip-flop using nothing but NAND gates.

The truth table for a 2 input NAND is 0+0=1
0+1=0
1+0=0
1+1=0
By assigning boolean terms A, B, & C to the ins and outs, you could get it into an algebraic term and then into a formula for a complicated circuit. I hope you didn't already know all this so I won't feel like an idiot. :)

yes but in 3Dmax,boolean compound is presented graphicly more than explicitly,so it makes things helluva lot easier

Back