What do you think of the P-90?

The rounds lack stopping power and the clip is unreliable, the rounds get jumbled up. Those are complaints I've heard

true it still has some 21st century problems, but its nice to see that people have a blast with the stun option "stun". lol
it is actually used in the movie stargate sg1 and atlantis, it seems to get the punch on aliens

Stargate Atlantis... I seen the series sometimes it's the only thing on so...
Anyways in terms of gear, tactics, etc. they just missed it big time.
US Marines using P-90s as their main weapon.
No M-203s anywhere.
No AGLs.
The LMG they had in the pilot episode went missing in action later.

They used the P-90 because it looked futuristic.
Might as well go and grab a few Calicos too then.

thats true that was part of the reason to use it, but the thing is sold for $1300, that means it still has a punch

Ugly. I think it's not worth going to high tech in the weapon designs. The "Traditional" designs work well anyway, so why try and change what isn't broken.

the P90 seems nice and good but i think the MP7 will make a serios dent.
the P90 cant be used as a pistol where as the MP7 can as well as being an SMG. :D

I guess I could only *really* know if I fired one but seeing none of the top security anythings are adopting the P-90 and are simply sticking with the MP-5 and M-4 mix and match, I would think it's not really that great.

Ugly. I think it's not worth going to high tech in the weapon designs. The "Traditional" designs work well anyway, so why try and change what isn't broken.
You never know what is good until you try it, sticking with the traditional is a really stubborn way to do things and leads to others overtaking you.

Halo 1 was pretty good, who needs Halo 2?

From what I hear about the P90, the rounds are of smaller caliber and meant to be coupled with the FN Five-seveN. The forerunner of the PDW guns it has a mag cap of 50. But the rounds tend to get "jumbled" around a bit if dropped and the shells eject downward making it hard to shoot while prone.

I believe the P90 is competing against the MP7 for NATO PDW. Or has it already been done?

it seems popular in the media due to its "modern" look
it is also mentioned in a fair few of matthew reilly's books
its an interesting idea for a gun...

I can't stand that weapon. How do you preform a quick reload on it? What is the point of using a round meant for piercing in a security environment where not everyone is hostile? I think the best part of this weapon is the fact that a respectable company makes it, Fabrique National.

The P90 has a bit more range than the mp7. The mp7 is good, make no mistake, but I think the P90 is better - mostly because it has more range, just as much penetratoin and higher mag capacity than the mp7. Plus it is easier to aim. The MP7 looks a little difficult to aim properly. From reports that I've read and heard, folks that shoot the P90 are quite impressed with it, since it has a low impulse type round. The recoil is slight and it is easy to place several shots in a target really fast.
It looks like crap but if I had to choose between it and a Mac10 or MP7, I'd take the MP5 :)
The p90 is good, the mag setup is crappy and IMO it should use a regular mini assault rifle setup such as the Micro Galil.

Back