What do you think of Eminem

He is good at what he does but I do not like how he influences people. There are too many people who "believe" in what he says rather than think of it as entertainment. I think society would be a bit better if he never existed.

Ok

He do have some ok samples and his lyrics is okay, but he could use a personality check as Darkmb101 mentioned.

Never figured out that thing on Moby he was doing....?

I have never liked rap. He does have a lot of talent and he is truly a bright kid. Any man who can start a brand new label in an industry that is already booming and sign on veterans of said industry is doing something right. I basically do not like to judge celebrities. They control the images you see and they can pretty much make themselves out to be who ever they want you to think they are. I do dislike some stuff he sings abouts but hey, it is his right to expression and apparently someone likes it :)

Well, he's a fairly typical rap artist. And what is a rap artist? An extremely bad poet coupled with with lots of base, lots of beat and lots of ego-centricism, thusly all "poems" are about one-self.

You could put any message you like to the base lines and beats and it would be just as catchy. There's something wonderful about a really good base line on a really good system.

Darkmb101 said:
As far as rappers go, he's the best. As a person, i think he needs a personality check.

I'm sorry but the best out there is Banks (Lloyd Banks), if you've heard some of his earlier shit before his CD came out he's just ****in dope. But Em is nasty when it comes to the mic too.

godofthunder9010 said:
Well, he's a fairly typical rap artist. And what is a rap artist? An extremely bad poet coupled with with lots of base, lots of beat and lots of ego-centricism, thusly all "poems" are about one-self.

You could put any message you like to the base lines and beats and it would be just as catchy. There's something wonderful about a really good base line on a really good system.

Have you EVER listened to Tupac before? Jesus I hate people who think all rap is shit and try and cap on it and say its 'poor poetry'

Let's educate.

"Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope and let 'em deal the brothers
give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere
unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes
learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
and that's how it's supposed to be
How can the devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
but things change, and that's the way it is" - Tupac Shakur - Changes

"You know it makes me unhappy (what's that)
When brothas make babies, and leave a young mother to be a pappy
And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it's time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don't we'll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies, that make the babies
And since a man can't make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one
So will the real men get up
I know you're fed up ladies, but keep your head up" - Tupac Shakur - Keep Ya Head Up

"Now that we're gettin somewhere, you know we got to give back
For the youth is the future no doubt that's right and exact
Squeeze the juice out, of all the suckers power
And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers
This world is ours, that's why the demons are leary
It's our inheritance; this is my Robin Hood Theory... Robin Hood Theory

I seek Sun, deceive none, for each one must teach one
At least one must flow and show the structure, of freedom
It's me Dunn, cause petty things we don't need 'em
Let's focus to create somethin great, for all that sees them
They innocent, they know not what they face
while politicians save face genius minds lay to waste
If I wasn't kickin rhymes I'd be kickin down doors
Creatin social change and defendin the poor" - Gangstarr - Robin Hood Theory

"Momma said..
Everything that happened to us, was part of God's plan
So at night when I talk him, I got my gun in my hand
Don't think I'm crazy, cause I don't fear man
Cause I feel when I kill a man, God won't understand" - 50 Cent

"It's hard to keep control, I bless those who seek a scroll
Trying to reach a whole nation and break the sleeper hold
Not a role model, I walk a hard road to follow
I sold bottles of sorrow then chose poems and novels" (Inspectah Deck) - Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow

"It lightly begins to rain screams of terror
are hidden by the passing trains
This can't be little Hussein, his uncle cried
As he drops to his nephew's side, holding his cane
Just give me a name, of who has inflicted this
bitter sickness, and left us to witness" (Masta Killa) - Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow

"America's most wanted, good life flaunted, want it
Some love the speed, some satisfy a need
Some want to be down, young gun seed, jungle breed
The strong must feed, someone die, someone bleed
One flew astray, and then caught my little seed
Can it be, the ice have us trife life, made me grab the knife
The righteous man would be within these stripes pipes
Take in my energy, breath and know the rest
Cause the good die young and the hard die best" (U-God) - Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow

"Took two drags off the blunts, and started breaking down the flag
The blue is for the Crips, the red is for the Bloods
The whites for the cops, and the stars come from the clubs
or the slugs that ignites, through the night, by the dawn
Early light, why is sons fighting for the stripe" (RZA) Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow

"But envy, greed, lust, and hate, separate
Though the devil mind state blood kin cannot relate" (Method Man) - Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow

"You can't party your life away
Drink your life away
Smoke your life away
**** your life away
Dream your life away
Scheme your life away
Cause your seeds grow up the same way" Chorus to A Better Tomorrow.

I could go on forever. But I wont. It's the message that counts through poetry. Don't judge something simply by its majority. If you actually listened to Hip-Hop you'd find a trove of poetic meanings.

I like M&Ms, they're really good. Nothing's better than milk chocolate, pure sweet unadulterated artifically ehanced milk chocolate.. I think the peanut ones are the best though, It adds a little more cruncy texture so you can actually chew them, plus they're bigger. I like em.

FutureRANGER said:
I like M&Ms, they're really good. Nothing's better than milk chocolate, pure sweet unadulterated artifically ehanced milk chocolate.. I think the peanut ones are the best though, It adds a little more cruncy texture so you can actually chew them, plus they're bigger. I like em.

i like the peanut butter ones, better though 8)

back on topic of white trash rappers.

Who's That???? (just kidding)

The amount of money these people make turning out a product that is absolute crap amazes me. And it's all hype-----and the youngsters fall for it and are willing to spend money on it. Incredible.

I recall my original statement, saying that he was a dumbass, he is an ass but i must admit that he is not dumb, after all he took a crap in a CD case and duped 50 million people into buying it. Hell i wouldn't be surprised if their was Backmasking or subliminal messages in it,
story.eminem.cnn.jpg
everytime i see his face i just want to bash it in with a rock.

it probably wouldn't bother me as much if he didn't use his past to make himself look like he had the roughest childhood in the world. He thinks that because his mom was a drug addict and he never knew his father that he had the hardest life of anyone, maybe he should meet some friends of mine who grew up in Nazi Concentration camps.

omg he grew up in the ghetto wow, good job, i've been down to the supposed "ghettos" in California and Nevada and they can't compare to anything in Chicago, parts of New York, and Miami.
But what really pisses me off is that a bunch of good kids i know worship him like he is Jesus and whenever i try to tell them that he isn't they just turn the music up really loud or spit upon our friendship to defend him.

Seriously my friend thinks that he is all gangster because he has been to court for like 3 counts of assault with a deadly weapon(supposedly he pistol whipped them), i know that he has been to court but i don't know if he has been to court for assault, I highly doubt eminem is anywhere close to gangster considering he got his ass kicked at his own concert by a member of Black Flag(that was hilarious), even if he did pistol whip those people that is not the conduct of a man, that is the conduct of a coward, he claims to be 31 years old when in reality he is a 6 year old boy throwing a tantrum because his mommy didn't discipline him enough, and i don't mean a nice little 6 year old boy, i mean a 6 year old like from the movie The Butterfly Effect, the one who lit the dog on fire, that is what kind of a child Eminem is.

Jason Bourne said:
I recall my original statement, saying that he was a dumbass, he is an ass but i must admit that he is not dumb, after all he took a crap in a CD case and duped 50 million people into buying it. h**l i wouldn't be surprised if their was Backmasking or subliminal messages in it,
story.eminem.cnn.jpg
everytime i see his face i just want to bash it in with a rock.

it probably wouldn't bother me as much if he didn't use his past to make himself look like he had the roughest childhood in the world. He thinks that because his mom was a drug addict and he never knew his father that he had the hardest life of anyone, maybe he should meet some friends of mine who grew up in Nazi Concentration camps.

omg he grew up in the ghetto wow, good job, i've been down to the supposed "ghettos" in California and Nevada and they can't compare to anything in Chicago, parts of New York, and Miami.
But what really pisses me off is that a bunch of good kids i know worship him like he is Jesus and whenever i try to tell them that he isn't they just turn the music up really loud or spit upon our friendship to defend him.

Seriously my friend thinks that he is all gangster because he has been to court for like 3 counts of assault with a deadly weapon(supposedly he pistol whipped them), i know that he has been to court but i don't know if he has been to court for assault, I highly doubt eminem is anywhere close to gangster considering he got his ass kicked at his own concert by a member of Black Flag(that was hilarious), even if he did pistol whip those people that is not the conduct of a man, that is the conduct of a coward, he claims to be 31 years old when in reality he is a 6 year old boy throwing a tantrum because his mommy didn't discipline him enough, and i don't mean a nice little 6 year old boy, i mean a 6 year old like from the movie The Butterfly Effect, the one who lit the dog on fire, that is what kind of a child Eminem is.

Wow. So you've been to a few Ghettos, where u can get out when ever the **** u want. It's differant when ur growing up there and their ISNT a way out for a long time. Trust me, I know. I grew up in the projects.

Give the crack to the kids who the h**l cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope and let 'em deal the brothers
give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere
unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes
learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
and that's how it's supposed to be
How can the devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
but things change, and that's the way it is
Right, exactly what I said. Really crappy poetry with a beat and a good baseline. Now if your point is "this is an example of superb poetry", then I worry about you.

Now poetry is something that can be interpretted on numerous levels and tends to be incredibly complex. Here, lemme offer you an example of an excellent poem:

The Hollow Men T. S. Eliot (1925) said:
I

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us -- if at all -- not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.

II

Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
In death's dream kingdom
These do not appear:
There, the eyes are
Sunlight on a broken column
There, is a tree swinging
And voices are
In the wind's singing
More distant and more solemn
Than a fading star.

Let me be no nearer
In death's dream kingdom
Let me also wear
Such deliberate disguises
Rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves
In a field
Behaving as the wind behaves
No nearer --

Not that final meeting
In the twilight kingdom

III

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man's hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.

Is it like this
In death's other kingdom
Waking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone.

IV

The eyes are not here
There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

In this last of meeting places
We grope together
And avoid speech
Gathered on this beach of the tumid river

Sightless, unless
The eyes reappear
As the perpetual star
Multifoliate rose
Of death's twilight kingdom
The hope only
Of empty men.

V
Here we go round the prickly pear
Prickly pear prickly pear
Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o'clock in the morning.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow

For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow

Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Ugh, he'll do anything for attention. He is talented though, I gotta give hime that, but sometimes he just gets on my nerves. He is a talented guy though and he's gotten pretty far in his career but still.....

It's not so much what I think of him, but what I want to do to him! i.e., baseball bat to the kneecaps!

Back