what do you think: Austin girl sues MySpace.com - Page 3

--

June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Like the McDonald's coffee incident...The warning was on the cup, the coffee was hot through the cup, but the woman who doesn't have enough common sense to realize that coffee is hot spills it and acctually won...Thats just the American justice system for you...Now that I think about it, the girl has a chance...
June 22nd, 2006  
MaKa9

She probably does..

Things like that pisses me off.. Where were the parents? I agree that the kid did this to herself but she IS young and STUPID...

You see it in the media every single day. Young girls being raped and molested by men they met over the internet. When I have a kid I´m gonna put a serious lockdown on the friggin computer!

gawd!
June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

I love to watch those "Predator Watch" programs on CBS...Its funny that the men who attempt to moleste these girls acctually head to the houses...One guy had 2 6-packs of Mikes Hard Lemonade...Mom and Dad laugh their asses off when they see the guy walk out. The guys are all freaked out and try to run. Its good fun.
--
June 23rd, 2006  
deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKa9
She probably does..

Things like that pisses me off.. Where were the parents? I agree that the kid did this to herself but she IS young and STUPID...

You see it in the media every single day. Young girls being raped and molested by men they met over the internet. When I have a kid Im gonna put a serious lockdown on the friggin computer!

gawd!
Y'know, what happened to the good old days, when if you molested a kid, you got shot on the spot? We need some serious martial law to come and crack down on some of the things goin' on.
June 23rd, 2006  
Chief Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer
Y'know, what happened to the good old days, when if you molested a kid, you got shot on the spot? We need some serious martial law to come and crack down on some of the things goin' on.
I'm more in favor of using the nearest oak tree and holding a necktie party ... that will prevent another child ever being molested then and there.
June 23rd, 2006  
deerslayer

And the great thing is, if you're in Louisiana, kiss it goodbye if you molest a kid: death penalty- URAH!

But that's beside the point. I actually in a way hope they lose against myspace, because it's frivolous, but this sucker better get convicted.
June 23rd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Myspace=Loss...Creep=Win. Thats how the girl's record should go. RIGHT THERE.
June 25th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
Like the McDonald's coffee incident...The warning was on the cup, the coffee was hot through the cup, but the woman who doesn't have enough common sense to realize that coffee is hot spills it and acctually won...Thats just the American justice system for you...Now that I think about it, the girl has a chance...
Not to go too off-topic, but there's more to the McDonald's coffee incident than most people realize. The woman filed suit not because the coffee was hot, but dangerously hot (i.e., somewhere near boiling temperature) and suffered third-degree (or was it second-degree?) burns. She only wanted McDonald's to cover her medical costs, but the jury found McDonald's to be so callous and in violation of its own policies that they nailed McD's with huge penalties.

More details here: http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp -- scroll down, there's another link that has more info (I'd link it for you, but my IE browser window is acting screwy).

But yes, this girl and/or her mom is a fool for filing suit.
June 25th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJChenMPH
Not to go too off-topic, but there's more to the McDonald's coffee incident than most people realize. The woman filed suit not because the coffee was hot, but dangerously hot (i.e., somewhere near boiling temperature) and suffered third-degree (or was it second-degree?) burns. She only wanted McDonald's to cover her medical costs, but the jury found McDonald's to be so callous and in violation of its own policies that they nailed McD's with huge penalties.

More details here: http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp -- scroll down, there's another link that has more info (I'd link it for you, but my IE browser window is acting screwy).

But yes, this girl and/or her mom is a fool for filing suit.
It was her own fault for spilling the coffee...Oh well...The mother is still crazy for suing MySpace.
June 26th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
It was her own fault for spilling the coffee...
Yep, she was found 20% at fault, which reduced the award the jury had originally given her. Here are the full details, which is probably way more than you want to know (unless you're already a lawyer):

http://caoc.com/CA/index.cfm?event=showPage&pg=facts

Man, we are going way off-topic.