what do you think: Austin girl sues MySpace.com

Like the McDonald's coffee incident...The warning was on the cup, the coffee was hot through the cup, but the woman who doesn't have enough common sense to realize that coffee is hot spills it and acctually won...Thats just the American justice system for you...Now that I think about it, the girl has a chance...

She probably does..

Things like that pisses me off.. Where were the parents? I agree that the kid did this to herself but she IS young and STUPID...

You see it in the media every single day. Young girls being raped and molested by men they met over the internet. When I have a kid I´m gonna put a serious lockdown on the friggin computer!

gawd!

I love to watch those "Predator Watch" programs on CBS...Its funny that the men who attempt to moleste these girls acctually head to the houses...One guy had 2 6-packs of Mikes Hard Lemonade...Mom and Dad laugh their asses off when they see the guy walk out. The guys are all freaked out and try to run. Its good fun.

MaKa9 said:
She probably does..

Things like that pisses me off.. Where were the parents? I agree that the kid did this to herself but she IS young and STUPID...

You see it in the media every single day. Young girls being raped and molested by men they met over the internet. When I have a kid I´m gonna put a serious lockdown on the friggin computer!

gawd!

Y'know, what happened to the good old days, when if you molested a kid, you got shot on the spot? We need some serious martial law to come and crack down on some of the things goin' on.

deerslayer said:
Y'know, what happened to the good old days, when if you molested a kid, you got shot on the spot? We need some serious martial law to come and crack down on some of the things goin' on.
I'm more in favor of using the nearest oak tree and holding a necktie party ... that will prevent another child ever being molested then and there.

And the great thing is, if you're in Louisiana, kiss it goodbye if you molest a kid: death penalty- URAH!

But that's beside the point. I actually in a way hope they lose against myspace, because it's frivolous, but this sucker better get convicted.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Like the McDonald's coffee incident...The warning was on the cup, the coffee was hot through the cup, but the woman who doesn't have enough common sense to realize that coffee is hot spills it and acctually won...Thats just the American justice system for you...Now that I think about it, the girl has a chance...
Not to go too off-topic, but there's more to the McDonald's coffee incident than most people realize. The woman filed suit not because the coffee was hot, but dangerously hot (i.e., somewhere near boiling temperature) and suffered third-degree (or was it second-degree?) burns. She only wanted McDonald's to cover her medical costs, but the jury found McDonald's to be so callous and in violation of its own policies that they nailed McD's with huge penalties.

More details here: http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp -- scroll down, there's another link that has more info (I'd link it for you, but my IE browser window is acting screwy).

But yes, this girl and/or her mom is a fool for filing suit.

AJChenMPH said:
Not to go too off-topic, but there's more to the McDonald's coffee incident than most people realize. The woman filed suit not because the coffee was hot, but dangerously hot (i.e., somewhere near boiling temperature) and suffered third-degree (or was it second-degree?) burns. She only wanted McDonald's to cover her medical costs, but the jury found McDonald's to be so callous and in violation of its own policies that they nailed McD's with huge penalties.

More details here: http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp -- scroll down, there's another link that has more info (I'd link it for you, but my IE browser window is acting screwy).

But yes, this girl and/or her mom is a fool for filing suit.
It was her own fault for spilling the coffee...Oh well...The mother is still crazy for suing MySpace.

LOL..We've all agreed that the girl and her mother are stupid for filing a lawsuit, so now we've moved on to a related topic that hasn't been touched on. heh

Its a very simple question.

Would you allow your unsupervised child to...

1. Handle powertools?
2. Handle weapons?
3. Drive the Car?
4. Drink alcohol?
5. Go out with people you didn't know?

So why on earth would you let your kid wander the internet unsupervised?

Last edited:
mmarsh said:
Its a very simple question.

Would you allow your unsupervised child to...

1. Handle powertools?
2. Handle weapons?
3. Drive the Car?
4. Drink alcohol?
5. Go out with people you didn't know?

So why on earth would you let your kid wander the internet unsupervised?
You forgot underaged.

The guy who did it is trying to get violence against a child charged instead of sexual assault or whatever it is. Myspace was original made for bands to show off their style and music, so this social networking thing wasn't their prime motive. It was part of it but they didn't envision kids using it for everything.

Their membership is over 85 million now, i think they ought to be able to pay off 30 million in damages or settle on something like that. More importantly, they need to do something to avoid this in the future since it's happening all the time. I know they can, but there's reprocussions when you have the population of egypt on registered on your site and you want a major overhaul.

WarMachine said:
The guy who did it is trying to get violence against a child charged instead of sexual assault or whatever it is. Myspace was original made for bands to show off their style and music, so this social networking thing wasn't their prime motive. It was part of it but they didn't envision kids using it for everything.

Their membership is over 85 million now, i think they ought to be able to pay off 30 million in damages or settle on something like that. More importantly, they need to do something to avoid this in the future since it's happening all the time. I know they can, but there's reprocussions when you have the population of egypt on registered on your site and you want a major overhaul.
MySpace membership is free. They dont recieve profit from memberships.http://settings.myspace.com/index.c...=3BF3C56F-97C5-453A-9AEFF08E2FCFAB1F359735546

Last edited:
Back