what do you think: Austin girl sues MySpace.com - Page 2

--

June 22nd, 2006  
Fox

That girl just wants the money.
June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

The money she won't win as long as the judge has half a brain.
June 22nd, 2006  
sunb!

America in a nutshell - that is my comment.
--
June 22nd, 2006  
Chief Bones

I just saw a news clip from one of the sites I subscribe to that says that MySpace is going to raise their age requirements once more to decrease the number of young people that are being trolled by the internet sickos by making every person's profile under 18 invisible to all other internet users. If I understand what was posted, not only will their profiles be invisible, they will not be able to chat with each other if one of the people is 18 or older.

All that will do is cause some of these sickos to register on MySpace as a teenager under 18 years of age.

No one said the answers are easy ... I said it once before and I'll say it again........... "Word recognition software needs to monitor ALL chats of any person under 18 years of age and alert MySpace personnel that a suspected abuse has been committed and then they need to investigate to check out whether the software discovered a real case of abuse".

I realise that no-one really wants Uncle Sam looking over our shoulders but .....

If you have a better idea I'd like to hear it.
June 22nd, 2006  
sunb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
I realise that no-one really wants Uncle Sam looking over our shoulders but .....
Under certain circumstances I would appriciate a monitoring system, especially on servers like Myspace and others where underaged kids are allowed to register.

I am not paranoid but sometimes I wish others were.
June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

It doesnt really matter if they raised the age to 50...all the nasties have to do is fake their age...Anyone can be anyone on the internet...Look at billy(bad example but it works)
June 22nd, 2006  
CanadianCombat

Just another stupid teen trying to blame others for her F**K UPs
June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Like the ones that go on Jerry Springer and Oprah...Talkin bout," Oh, its not my fault I accepted him as a friend, responded to his messages, and agreed to meet him in person even though I knew nothing about him and knew the risk on him being an online predator...Its my parents fault." Blah blah blah.
June 22nd, 2006  
Chief Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCombat
Just another stupid teen trying to blame others for her F**K UPs
SORRY - in this case it's the mother NOT the daughter filing the suit.
June 22nd, 2006  
deerslayer

Sexual assault or no sexual assault, either way the kid screwed herself over. Not the company's fault- sue the predator. (Down in LA you can be put to death for child molestation.)

This is a perfect example of a frivolous lawsuit. It's like a person with two perfectly good legs suing a company because the wheelchair access to the building is too long a walk to the front door.