What do you think of the Aussie Military

What do you think of the Australians?

• Well trained, well equiped soldiers. Hard to fault.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fairly average, needs improvement

• Not yet competant

• Total voters
I like Australia
Two reasons:
1. They gave us the crocodile hunter
2. They hav tht little union jack in the corner of their flag. i mean how cool is tht.

The aussie military are a good bunch of people am sure if war broke out thed be happy to help us brits again. they did in world war one an two.

AussieNick said:
wow, that one is a doozy. hey turner...want a good war story? look up chunuk bair

Yeah the whole Sari Bair (especially Chunuk) offensive makes for interesting reading.

esp like the "gadgets" the ANZAC's came up with to cover their retreat and make the turks think they were still there. and Nick....i couldn't let this one go without comment;

"The New Zealanders were widely thought, not just by themselves, to possess both Australian and British virtues in warfare."

http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-battles/ww1/anzac/gallipoli-facts.htm

to this day, when i meet someone from england i smack them in the arm and say "that's for shelling us of that F**kin hill"

esp like the "gadgets" the ANZAC's came up with to cover their retreat and make the turks think they were still there. and Nick....i couldn't let this one go without comment;

"The New Zealanders were widely thought, not just by themselves, to possess both Australian and British virtues in warfare."

The old water drop sniper. Great invention that.

And no doubt, you Kiwi's are fantastic soldiers, you've always proved yourselves over and over in battle.

Turner said:
like you joined axis during ww2 and ww1 and never tried to help the un by helping them fight

I think this has already been pretty well covered by the other members posting in this thread, but THINK before you post. This is why we require you to provide sources for your information.

i think we just need more media coverage

if they covered the navy guys dealing with the illegal immigrants on the boats when there were heaps of them 2 years ago, and thier role in stopping the flow of illegal immigrants was more widely known, then you might get a better %
the thing is that we are southern hemisphere and all the "action" is in the north, or at least thats where "all the countries that count" are. sucks being so far away from the economic and military superpowers, but prehaps thats a mixed blessing...

let me think.................

Ah the good old aussie military..............good bunch of geeza's there i'd say. Sense of humour is good and they are more polite than our brit lads..........damn i should move country...........

My cousin is i the aus navy...........so i met a few aus military and can say nothing bad about them

Yeah come on down Anya1982. Perfect weather right now. It's supposed to be 30 and sunny tomorrow, you're in the wrong country. Glad to hear you think we are an alright bunch of lads.

hmmmmm i wish

Yeah nick i was thinking of moving out that way for a year or so.........got family in adelaide so got free accomodation lol.

Come to think of it i have worked with a few aus navy and army when i was roayl navy and tell you what i wouldn't pass up another time with em.....gotta luv skippy lol

Yeah nick i was thinking of moving out that way for a year or so.........got family in adelaide so got free accomodation lol.

Hey I'm from Adelaide, great place it is. Looking outside and there isn't a cloud in the sky. Being a Brit you'll have no trouble getting in/getting a job.

(edit)
Actually scrap the good things I just said about Adelaide's weather. 40 degrees C outside yesterday, strong northerly winds blowing in off the desert, big bushfires and 9 people dead today... maybe come here when it's not fire season.

Back