Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I appreciate the media's role in helping uncover the truth

• News Channels and newspapers are the third beast

• The media has hidden political agendas

• Total voters
Is the media getting out of hand? Do you think that the media is unbiased or that they have a certain political agenda they try to push? Can you comment on any particular ones. Just want to se you guys' views and opinions

I honestly think it's a little bit of everything. Their intentions seem good, but they are in no way obligated to be moral and unbias to what they report. Their goal is to make money (#1 priority). If that means they exaggerate a story, play the cute and fuzzy card, or stir up drama in a murder case, then they'll do it. I don't see why it's so important now because the war has plenty of stories for the media. But I'm sure during a slow news week they will head to the court house and pick a murder case involving a white woman's death and turn it into a national murder mystery.

Yea, there's a huge problem (from my point of view) in the United States with the media heavily leaning toward the left (CNN, NBC, ABC, you know who you are!) FoxNews is one of the very few broadcasters with more rightist views, but even then....

Just to give you a quick example. During the presidential campaign, MTV had some huge campaign for young voters called Choose or Lose and it was just so completely obvious who they were advocating for young adults to vote (Kerry). It sickened me to watch such shameful display of hypocrisy. On the one hand, they were sending the message, that it didn't matter who you voted for, just vote, and on the other hand, you had hidden innuendos against Bush and an overtly favoritized Kerry. It was like, all that's left is for you to go and outright say "Vote for Kerry. :cen: Bush"

The media in the US with the exception of FOXNEWS has a pronounced leftist bent. But their main purpose is to sensationalize with out regard to facts in the name of ratings. Because high ratings equal high advertising dollars.

The MTV/Hollyweird crowd can afford to pass judgement and have their touchy, feely, warm snuggles to terrorist feelings from their mansions. But does anybody really think for a minute that Sean Penn, Drew Barrymoore, Linda Ronstadt, or Mikey Moore give a :cen: about anything more than what their next movie/album nets?

MTV please. Vote or Die Campaign. By Puffy Daddy, Puffy, or whatever his name is this week. You can't tell me that that was not concieved as a scare tactic.

As a young voter I'd like to point out the ineffectiveness of the Vote or Die/Choose or Lose campaign. From my point of view, I wasn't about to base my vote for Presidential candidate on a bunch of movie stars and rappers. Not only that, I don't take MTV seriously when they try to report the news or anything else because they only try to spin things to favor the younger crowd.
tshirthell.jpg

egoz, your stance is commendable. But the sad fact of the matter is that the majority of youth in the US don't have your view. They take to heart the opinions of a person because they sing, act, or play with a ball.

My own 15 year old daughter was aghast that I voted for Bush and supported his platform. Her reasoning came from the main stream media.
With a little help from a liberal educational system.

They take to heart the opinions of a person because they sing, act, or play with a ball.

My own 15 year old daughter was aghast that I voted for Bush and supported his platform. Her reasoning came from the main stream media.
With a little help from a liberal educational system.

Ironically, most younger children in New York City supported Bush and most adults voted for Kerry.

Back