What do you think about Kosovo indipendent's?

serbian

I'm pretty sure that you have heard about Kosovo and it's indipendent's. I know what politician's think, but i want to know what you, regular people, think about Kosovo independent. Do you think that it should be independet or it need to be part of Serbia as it always was? Do you think that people can have a chooise to call a territory where thay live indipendent, or not?

looking forward to see your answers because i working on a little research about that topic (what people all around a world think about situation in Kosovo).

the symbolic importance of Kosovo to Serbia is great- but after 500+ years of Muslim dominance it is probably fair to call it a muslim area. several areas claimed by Serbia in other parts of the region have much less provenance than that which the muslims can claim.
whether at home or abroad, the ethnic minorities of the Balkans- the former Yugoslavia in particular- have shown a remarkable lack of ability to co-exist. even traditional allies such as Serbia and Montenegro seem to have more antipathy than one might expect given their historical associations. Serbs regard Montenegrans as hillbillies- Montenegrans regard Serbs as being insufferably arrogant.
Bosnia's current relations will be transitory- it will eventually break into its component parts, to remain independent or be absorbed into neighbouring countries depending on political developments. if the region is going to be ethnically divided, then ethnicity is going to have to be the determining factor in deciding the fate of an area. Kosovo is a muslim area- it will have to be muslim regardless of the symbolic importance of the area for the Serbs.

Personally I think there has been too much bad blood to ever reintegrate Kosovo with Serbia and as such the only real option is to grant it independent status.

Serbia should chuck Kosovo away to the Albanians and make THEM worry about the endless amount of lead poisoning there.

Neka se jebu, sta nam boli kurac za siptari.

MIxed feelings, while i am sympathetic with Serbs since the western media purposefully left out the reason for their invasion (the atrocities commited by Albanians) the Albanians Do make up a majority.

Also Albanians are Muslim and all political corectness apart any concessions to Muslim people weaken old Europe, personally i think the region should be an autonomous Serbian province.

I have mixed feelings. I'm not a fan of a country breaking apart- but what the Serbs did to them is unforgivable. I cant blame them for splitting, but its only going to cause more tension in the area.

I have mixed feelings. I'm not a fan of a country breaking apart- but what the Serbs did to them is unforgivable. I cant blame them for splitting, but its only going to cause more tension in the area.
And what did Serbs do to them and why did they do it? How about you start reading books?

First of all it's not "Kosovo" it's called Kosovo i Metohija(Kosovo and Metohia).Through the history it's belong to the Serbia.So I don't think they have to be independent.They should be in Serbia, but to have a status of autonomous province.

I'm really curious now, what have we done to them?

Clearly enough that they want to break away from Serbia, it is pretty standard to blame the West for not understanding Serbia but it is hard to argue when the population of areas controlled by Serbia want to get the hell away from them as well.

A difficult question, and no straight answers either.

Most Serbs that I've had the displeasure of meeting have been rather arrogant, though quite civilized in my surroundings, but the Kosovo Albanians I've spoken to has turned out to be just as arrogant unless they faced some oposition to their points of view...

So I can easily understand that the two of them can't coexist in a peacefull manner on the same piece of land

Then I fail to see the importance of keeping Kosovo in Serbia, they have told me about the Battle of Kosovo Polje, and the importance it had to the creation of the Serb state/culture/self-awareness, but still it was a battle that the Serbs lost...

Would Gettysburg have the same iconic importance to the confederacy had the south survived the civil war???
Unfortunately I found myself discussing that with a Serb born in Kosovo, and I was overpowered by patriotism and sentiment...

Then again, what are the Kosovo Albanians thinking about?
How are they supposed to establish a functional independent state (democracy or whatever) as long as they strain the relations to most of the surrounding countries, and the main source of income is based on sheep-rustling and smuggeling... :sarc:

While Romania is a prime example of poverty, Kosovo is a far fetched dream turning into an economic nightmare wich will be in desperate need of support from the rest of the world for ages to come.

Oh, and as in most of the conflicts on Balkan there's a significant lack of defined lines to distinguish bad-guys and good-guys, there's just bitterness, hatered, and autrocities in plenty on both sides.

I spoke to a retired person from that area who lived in the US for a very long time.
When the situation really broke there 20+ years ago, he got a job to assess the situation.
Did not stay long.
He mentioned that insanity was running the show,
Gangsters, 500 year old grudges, racism, etc.
More recent assessments suggests that as soon as they can get foreign occupiers out, the savagery will resume.

Clearly enough that they want to break away from Serbia, it is pretty standard to blame the West for not understanding Serbia but it is hard to argue when the population of areas controlled by Serbia want to get the hell away from them as well.

But Monty - tell me who does not want to get away from who?

In this paticular case, is it a descent into lawlessness, inspired by the likes of Al Quaida and accompished by polished ease of international
propaganda control? Was it a vision of the road ahead?

Yes,we did something to them we gave them everything!
After WWII Albania was punished,they couldn't developing like Serbia could.Tito has opened border,and imported Albanians,and during the night was deporting Serbs.He gave them everything,and people from the rest of Serbia was paying the taxes for that purpose.

When mention Kosovo,the little region,I recall hollywood movie "behind the enemy line 1",publish in 1995, tell the story about two American pilots who shoot down by Serbian armed. I think it is very wonderful,no matter from the story ,or detail of this movie. But I still want ask some question.
1 Why F18 emitted infrared decoys can get rid of the first SAM, But the infrared decoys invalid to the second SAM?
2 The last paragraph of movie was really scared me. the American pilot are superman?Dozens of serbian soldiers take AK47 shoot him, even can't put a bullet into his head?
Oh,Gov save me

When mention Kosovo,the little region,I recall hollywood movie "behind the enemy line 1",publish in 1995, tell the story about two American pilots who shoot down by Serbian armed. I think it is very wonderful,no matter from the story ,or detail of this movie. But I still want ask some question.
1 Why F18 emitted infrared decoys can get rid of the first SAM, But the infrared decoys invalid to the second SAM?
2 The last paragraph of movie was really scared me. the American pilot are superman?Dozens of serbian soldiers take AK47 shoot him, even can't put a bullet into his head?
Oh,Gov save me

Um...it's a movie...it's not meant to be factual. It's meant to entertain and make money...

Um...it's a movie...it's not meant to be factual. It's meant to entertain and make money...

Damn are you telling me that week of watching Hogans Hero's doesn't make me an expert on WW2 POWs?

Last edited:
You forget that America needs Kosovo to be independant, They gave Albanians there independance and let them destroy Serbian churches and thombstones but in revard America can exploit biggest mine on Balkan "Trepča". And there si the biggest nato base in Europe "Bondstill". So Kosovo is not independant because of albanians but because of Americas needs.

Back