What do you think about Korea War?

Archit

Hi, guys. I learned a lot from our history textbooks and publications in my country. But I have little idea about what do you (those guys in USA, S.Korea,Australia or UK) think about this war?

Though the war is past, But still we can learn a lot from it.

THere are a couple Koren War threads out there, but they only cover a specific thing and not the whole war.

I am interested to know what is in your country's text books on the Korean War

US neglected China’s warning, assemblied the allied countries’ army to participate in the Korean civil war. And pushes the battlefield beyond northern latitude 38 , even nearby the Yalu River.China Army entered this war under this kind of circumstance

I'll translate them into english and post them on little by little.

Just have a little patience.

It was a halfa** police action but came to a sort of good ending, for the South. I just wish the North could enjoy as much prosperity that the South does. I hate to see people suffer unnecessarily when food and freedom is within sight.

I was a little busy in the past few weeks. And I will translate those materials about Korean War quoted from China's mainstream media.
I hope there will be as few translation mistakes as possible.8)
The following is the first part:

This war is called Backing-Korea & Anti-US WAR in China. This is a war happened in early 1950's, that Chinese people assemblied volunteers army, fighted to backup Korean people against USA imperialist’s forced invasion, and safeguarded their own country.

On 25,June, 1950, Korea Civil War broke out. In order to kept its supremacy in Asia, USA carried out its aggression policy and dispatched its troops to interfere in Korea Civil War. On 26, USA president H.S Truman ordered navy forces and air forces stationed in fareast to join the war to assist South Korea troops. On 27, He announced that USA forces entered Korea, and ordered No.7 Fleet of USA navy force to invade Taiwan strait, and aggress Taiwan, which is in China’s territory. In the same day, U.N Security Council passed the USA’s proposal under the circumstance that USSR and China were absent that required U.N members to offer “indispensable military aids” to South Korea. On 7, July, U.N Security Council passed the USA’s proposal that creating a united headquarter to harmonize and direct those troops from different member countries, and USA was requested to offer candidates. On 8, President Truman appointed D. Macarthur Chief Commander of U.N Forces, who was the Chief Commander of USA Fareast Forces at that time. 8)

The second part:

China contended that Korean issue should be solved peacefully. And China expressed her indignation for USA’s armed interfering in Korea domestic affairs and its invasion to Taiwan. On 28,June, Chairman Mao Zedong summoned that whole nation and whole world united, prepared for defeating every possible defiance enkindled by USA imperialist. At the same day, Prime minister & Foreign minister Zhou Enlai announced that Truman’s statement and USA navy forces’ invasion were armed invasion to China territory and completely destruction to U.N constitution; China people would united together and fight to the last drop of blood for the liberation of Taiwan from USA.

Mod edit: Please aviod future double posts. Use the edit button to add to your existing posts just as I did for you this time.

Back