What tank do you want?

sandy

In the future,someone say that Tank will be big target and useless.
But I don,t think so.
Tank is the most convenient arms.
Without tank,we can,t destroy enemy completeliy.
how do you think about tank will be?
I think Tank will be much lighter and have C4 system and autoloader.

I think what we are seeing now is the future. GPS and BFT, unimagnable range, can see through dust, rain, fog, snow, ect...

Remember we started out with light tanks and they really where slow moving targets. Plus you can't put a 120mm on a twenty ton chassis. Also you must think of the power plant an old deisel isn't going to get a tak going at 80 MPH, turbine's or another type of power planet is what we are heading for. Thats why I see the M1 as the one of the most advanced tanks next to the Leo. They both share alot of tech, electronics, and build.

What about the British Challenger by Vickers Defence Systems? I don't know about the other tanks mentioned, but the Challenger do have stealth systems to their turret and hull and has been improved quite a lot since the first versions saw the day of light.

IMO if there was to be buildt a "super tank", I would like to see the M1, Leo and Challenger in one vehicle.

the m1 will probably become one of the most advanced armored fighting vehicles in the near future. It's already advanced now. Imagine what will happen to it in only 10 years. heck, they make it fly even.

i know its not real but in the book dangerous waters they talk about the m1a3. apparently it had been upgraded for urban warfare.

I think near future tank will have modular armour,120mmL55
and can be transported easier than now.
and more future, it will have Hybrid Railgun.

I keep hearing about this uber top secret M1A3 with his super-duper Hybrid Railgun.

I have yet to see an offical document about this A3. I'm think some person heard about the FCS M1A2 SEP and started calling it the M1A3.

Tank is the only main weapon on ground for projecting power.

A powerful MBT is the best thing on ground and the claim that long range weapons are the key to future fighting tactics, actually becomes obsolete in case of urban combat envoirnment or close range encounters where tough armour is most important for survival. This has been proved in IRAQ war.

Although in future, lighter tanks will be built but still Mechanized Infantry Vehicles serve that purpose or don't they?. So, the concept of making Tank obsolete will actually serve as a major set-back in case of tough combat situations.

I think that MBT should not be rendered obsolete. Instead it should be further improved to meet latest challenges.

I prefer a MBT with Laser Gun on it.

Last edited:
TBA_PAKI said:
Tank is the only main weapon on ground for projecting power.

A powerful MBT is the best thing on ground and the claim that long range weapons are the key to future fighting tactics, actually becomes obsolete in case of urban combat envoirnment or close range encounters where tough armour is most important for survival. This has been proved in IRAQ war.

Although in future, lighter tanks will be built but still Mechanized Infantry Vehicles serve that purpose or don't they?. So, the concept of making Tank obsolete will actually serve as a major set-back in case of tough combat situations.

I think that MBT should not be rendered obsolete. Instead it should be further improved to meet latest challenges.

I prefer a MBT with Laser Gun on it.

Well if you look at today's MBT's, you will see them adapting to the situation. The M1A2, the CH2, and Merkava all are adapted for Urban combat.

Last edited:
Back