What Tank Has the Best Fire Control System?

--

October 14th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Topic: What Tank Has the Best Fire Control System?

Military technology is always evolving of course, but I'm interested what people's opinions are. What FCS has the best reliable range? Best range of options? The way things are going, first sight - first kill has become more important that the quality of the armor on the tank.
October 15th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

All modern western tanks have can hit a moving target while moving 90% of the time at 3000 meters. I don't think anyone knows anything about the subtle differences in performence, if there are any.

All I know is that the Leopard's FCS is easier to use then the Abrams. You have to remember which ammo you're firing and dump the lead. While the ammo indicator is automatic and there is dynamic lead on the Leopard.
October 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Wish somebody could pull stats on Effective Range. 3000 meters as a rule is great, but I would expect that some systems are going to outperform others since they are not a direct copy of the same design.
--
October 15th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Wish somebody could pull stats on Effective Range. 3000 meters as a rule is great, but I would expect that some systems are going to outperform others since they are not a direct copy of the same design.
You won't find them, because they're classified.
October 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Yeah, it figures.
October 16th, 2004  
Bootboy82

I think that it's little difference and they are, most probably, top secret.
October 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Like I said in other topics, if someone here knew, could they tell you?
October 18th, 2004  
rocco

Merkava 4

"The new fire control system, developed by El Op, includes very advanced features including the capability to acquire and lock onto moving targets, even airborne helicopters, while the tank itself is on the move"
October 18th, 2004  
SHERMAN

source?
October 18th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

The Merkava Mk 4's fire control system is a derivitve of the one on the F-15, so it must be pretty good.