What is this

tracked vehicle

I thought you guys are experts I depend on this site as my one stop shopping for all things military.
icon10.gif
icon7.gif

My bad

I just re-read what I said and click on the link that's not the vehicle I had a question about

This is what I wanted to know sorry,
icon14.gif

F20_jpg.jpg

Idea

I don't see a radar on this vehicle so I'm dead wrong a SA-9 is a short range IR missile teamed with a radar for close in defense. I think this is just a old Russian made anti-tank weapon mounted on a scout vehicle I want to say SA-3 the kind used against Israeli tanks in the 1973 war?
icon11.gif

A link to the page that show more
http://www.saorbats.com.ar/saorbats_frameset.htm

Last edited:
Thanks

You guys are the best :drink:

A SA-3 is a huge SAM ground to surface missile I knew it had a 3 in it. (AT 3 Sagger)

A SA-3 is a huge SAM ground to surface missile I knew it had a 3 in it. (AT 3 Sagger)

GEEZ - you would think that they could at least upgrade to a AT 4 Spigot or even a AT 5 Spandrel. AT 3s were killing IDF tanks in the 1973 war.

They still work though. They were killing IDF tanks in the last Lebanon do. The Spigot is a more reasonable proposition in man-pack form, but since it is vehicle mounted it doesn't make much difference.

God I hate BRDM's. I think they look like armoured canoes.

i remember in bosnia the russians had them painted "camo"... looked like they used spray paint and all of the proper colors were sold out. i wish i took a picture of the darn thing.

SAM = Surface to Air Missile
SSM = Surface to Surface Missile, which the ATGM (AntiTank Guided Missile) would fall into. The ATGM can also be an Airborne System which would make it an AGM (Air to Ground Missile).

Until Tanks become Airborne, the SAM would not be the proper designation for the ATGM.

Back