What should I do?

northcaroliname

I am looking for guidance on the best course of action to take. Let me fist explain everything from the very beginning.

I am a SSGT in the Marine Corps. I and my husband have been trying to have a baby since May. I have a 15 month old now but we wanted our kids about 2 years apart. Well we found out we were pregnant around July. I lost the baby in September. The doctor said we could try again after about a month.

Well I have known for two weeks now that I am pregnant. I haven't had a chance to go get the BAS to do test or anything. Tuesday when we were back from the 96 I decided to get the test. I was running low on pernatals I had from my previous pregnancy and I had really bad morning sickness. That morning I went to sick call. The corpsman said she would see me after the promotional formation that was about to happen. I turned around went into the bathroom and continued the morning the morning sickness. Well the company 1stSgt called my GySgt and asked why I wasn't at the formation. GySgt said she probably didn't know about it because we usually don't know about it. He told him that the corpsman told me but I just walked away so he wanted me to attend 3 other formations going on in different sections.

Needless to say I was sick for the rest of the day. I told the corpsman what was going on and she sent me to another building for test. I got sick there and I think they were happy to see me leave. My Gysgt knew what was going on with me to. I came back and we did my destructions. Two people have to do them. It was chow when it was done and I asked GySgt when the formations were going that I had to go to since we did not get that word. GySgt said he was going to ask 1stSgt when he got back from chow.

I went to get my test results from BAS. They were positive but I already knew that. The 1stSgt saw me and asked me if I called around to find out about the formations that were going so I could go. I told him no because I was busy doing other things. He told me to grab my Gysgt and go to his office. So I did.

He asked Gysgt why nothing was ever done about the formations and the GySgt I work with said we were both busy doing our annual destruction that was due and we had not had the chance. He laid into me. He yelled at me. Then ended it with a rhetorical question that I did not care to dignify with an answer. Then the Gysgt said SSgt tell 1st Sgt where you were at. I told him I was in the bathroom sick. He made the comments so I was just hiding in the bathroom because I didn't feel well. Its flue season everyone's sick. I told him I was throwing up in the bathroom and it's not the flue. His response was so you have a good reason not to be in formation that doesn't excuse not calling around about the other formations.

He started yelling at me about that. I told him it was my fault over and over. His response was of course it's your fault. It's not mine. I'm the 1stSgt. He asked me how I was going to make this right. I told him I would stand in any formation he wanted. He said it wasn't about me standing in formation. He knows he’s probably going to get paperwork any day now stating I can't stand in formation. He wanted to know how I was going to make it up to the Marines I gaffed off who don't think I care now. I told him I offered to stand in his formations all day but that is all I can do. He told me I had to find all the Marines that were promoted and congratulate them. So I and the Gysgt said OK.

He wasn't at the formation because he was dropping his kids off so we went to find the Marines that were promoted and congratulate them. We couldn't find some because they were let off work from their sections because the got promoted. We went home.

Later on that night. About 2 in the morning I started having severe cramps. I thought I might be losing the baby and freaked. I lost a baby 3 months ago and did not want to lose this one. My husband took me to the hospital where they did some tests and gave me morphine and an IV. They didn't let me go until 10 the nest day with an SIQ chit. I am also supposed to go to OBGYN on Friday for more tests.

My husband contacted my Gysgt and let him know what was going on. Well GySgt called telling me to have all my paperwork for tomorrow. I had my paperwork. He said the 1stSgt was inquiring about my whereabouts.

I brought the papers to BAS. They said I did it wrong because I was supposed to call them on the way to the hospital to let them know what was going on.

I went back to my section. My GySgt came to me and said the 1stSgt wanted to know where his SIQ chit was at. So I went to medical and made a copy for him. I left it with the clerk along with my pregnancy notification letters. Gysgt also said he was going to talk to the Marines that were promoted to make sure we congratulated them. Gysgt said he all ready talk to all the Marines and not to worry about it.

I think he’s gunning for me now. Maybe I should wait a week for this to pass. I am not sure. Anyone else have any similar situations. I am a SSgt I can be accountable for my actions so why does my Gysgt have to be accountable for me. Plus I was really sick and not faking. I am just really upset. Maybe it is my fault and I am just hormonal right now.

Sorry this is so long.

Back