What should fly in the Iraqi Air Force?

major liability said:
I think we should just give them F-16s and Hinds...

Noo man... If ya give it to Iraqi goverment, maybe PKK can capture them and use against Turkey:) ... Lets leave Iraq with its old Mig's :)

WarMachine said:
Evey country that's our ally has those jets, even saudi arabia.
The UK and Germany don't have F-16s just to name a few.
oRTouCH said:
Noo man... If ya give it to Iraqi goverment, maybe PKK can capture them and use against Turkey:) ... Lets leave Iraq with its old Mig's :)
Yes, like that time the IRA captured British Harriers...

You figure out where Saddam buried those Mig's and you are welcome to them, oRTouCH.

I say we give them a few F-16's, 70 or so F-16's should more than suffice for any needs that may arise, and the F-16 is a very versatile aircraft, it can handle all sorts of roles from precision strike to aerial recon. As for helo's, don't we have a bunch of HUEY's sitting around somewhere collecting dust? We could polish them off and sell them to Iraq at a reasonable price. That's another very versatile weapons platform.

Mohmar, don't the UK and Germany have their aircraft that serves the same purpose as the F-16?

Why no F-5's there more than enough, or wait.... Why not rebuild the country get the people jobs and then the government can go on the open market and buy what it wants when it needs them.

Old F4 Phantoms maybe enough for them... Even if USA used them in Vietnam, Iraqi Army can use them today. For example Turkish Army has lots of Upgraded F4 and they are really good even if they are old ones.

I bet you turkey is planning to upgrade soon. Maybe USA will just give them weapons they planned to scrap or sell anyway. Like how we donated medical supplies from the MASH unit to pakistan forces. It's not so important what they use as long as it suits their needs in the region.

I believe a harrier has never been captured by the IRA. however if you have sources that prove me wrong i would like to see them!! The only time i have see a harrier in terrorist hands was in Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty!

Fox said:
What? IRA captured British Harriers? How? I didn't know that.
That statement was meant to emphasize how unlrealistic it would be for an irregular military group within a NATO country to get a hold of an enemy NATO fighter aircraft. ;)

Shadowalker said:
I believe a harrier has never been captured by the IRA. however if you have sources that prove me wrong i would like to see them!! The only time i have see a harrier in terrorist hands was in Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty!
Hehe cool. In a cutscene of the original Command & Conquer, you can see the F-22 Raptor in terrorist's hands (aswell ass the AH-64 Apache, M2 Bradley and others) :D

And NOTE the last two comments were 3 yrs after the original post, things have changed (or the look at them).

Rattler

And NOTE the last two comments were 3 yrs after the original post, things have changed (or the look at them).

Rattler
Nothing has changed neither within last 3 years, nor last 30 years. Iraq doesn't have that ammount of qualified pilots and instructors in order to operate a substantial air force at least like in Iran or Saudia.

Back