What was the saddest moment in your life?

SAINT

Every person has his or her sad moments. But when and what was the saddest moment in your life?

For myself, it was when my grandfather passed away 12 years ago.
I had never been so sorrowful. I didn't only cry. I wept. Because my grandfather loved me very much and so do I.

When my father passed away in November of 2001. I remember watching the news on Sept. 11th with him and that was the day before he left for the hospital for surgery on a hernia- he never fully recovered. He had what was basically like a heredity form of lung cancer. He had it since he was a child. There was nothing they could do but slow it down and it eventually was the end of him.
I guess I just wish he could've met my husband and walked me down the aisle. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Sad poll/question- but a good one still. ;)

Cindi

Up to this point the saddest moment in my life was when I found out that the Army doesn't want me anymore :( . I went in for my follow up on my shoulder a few weeks ago and they want to give me the boot because of it. I am going to try and appeal but from what I hear the outlook for it doesn't look so hot :(

The second saddest was when my father passed away 10 years ago. But he felt no pain he went in his sleep. So I guess that I should be happy for him.

Well havent lived long enough really but so far saddest moment was when i was 12. Last day of school and that night my 16 year old bro was arrested and sent to jail for 2 years... cost family lot of money and turmoil. Worst night so far in my life :roll:

nulli secundus said:
when i found out i cant go on missions as a Trainee and now i have to restart all my training again.

From that stupid "everything is expiring thing?" Ugh, that thing sucks... and I just got GTM last monday. :evil:

Some sad moments:
~When my grandmother eventually starved to death, and her funeral. (summer, 2003)
~After my uncle died from infazema (he suffocated in the hospital, he was fully aware what was going on), it took me until halfway through the funeral to figure out what was going on. I saw my West Point graduate cousin hunched over in his uniform, cryin with his younger brother, and that didn't help any. (Jan, 2004)
~Finding out my grandpa had cancer.
~When I realized that I would have to give up talkin to one of my best guy friends because his girlfriend didn't want us to remember each other existed.
~Realizing people don't last forever, and some die long before their lives ever really started.
~Realizing that my cadets weren't happy, and then trying to figure out whether I would be smart to give up the position of commander, or whether I would be just that, giving up.
~Realizing that sometimes my best just wasn't always good enough.
~Placing (whether you even cosider it placing if you are last place) horribly at a band competition that the band the year before had brought home Grand Champs and a 6 foot trophy for.

My grandfather died last week, and i couldn't stop crying at the funeral, the Marine Color Guard was their and they did the 21 gun salute and they played Taps, it was so beautiful I couldn't stop crying.

My grandfather served his country loyally in WW2 and he was always proud to be a Marine, even at the age of 84 his Marine Corps pride was more than visible. He served in Iwo Jima, and he was buried alive, luckily his friend dug him out or I wouldn't be here today.

While I was in Kosovo I got the message that grandma passed away earlier that day... I felt very helpless and it was really hard to try doing the normal work while waiting to go back to Sweden for the funeral...

For all those that have lost someone they loved, i give my condolences.

silent driller said:
I don't know if I've had it, yet.

same here, ive never had a truely depressing moment in my life.

This past summer, when I had to bury to of my Best firends who had died in IRAQ I myself could not face thier parents.

They were Marines and they won't be forgotten.

After coming home from the Nam and hearing the crap that some Navy officer was spoutin about killin babies and innocents and committing other war crimes....... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Actually lost a job because I was a Viet-Vet.......... :evil: :evil:

Wish he was in my unit so I could "frag'em" :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Honestly, I've had alot of bad moments, and been through many hard things, but I have not really had many sad moments. I've seen things in my 27 years that most people do not see in their entire life... Mostly violent things. But those things were not sad, per se.

I think the saddest moment was when I found out Dexter was being deployed. I'd never been through a deployment before, and he couldn't tell me the way he wanted to tell me. I'll never forget how I felt at that moment. I knew what being in Vietnam did to my father (he was in the mental hospital my entire childhood-- PTSD) and I did not want that to happen to Dexter. Anyway, I handle it much better now, of course, but it was a really sad time for me when I first found out.

It was when my Grandmother died in 1993. I remember spending the night at my old boss/friends house. I heard a knock on his door at 0430 in the morning and I answered it. It was my father and I could tell by the look on his face that something was wrong. He told me what had happened and I cried like a baby. My Grandmother on my fathers side was the only grandparent I had ever known and we always connected very well. She was an awesome person and anyone who met her instantly fell in love with her. That is why it hit me so hard and was the saddest day of my life. :(

Back