What was the saddest moment in your life?

aj

saddest moment was september 11 1996, when my girlfriend and her sister were both killed in a car accident driving home one day from school.
she once gave me her autograph on a peice of paper saying "keep this for when i'm famous and you can tell people you knew me before i got famous because people will always remember the day i die".

that came true the day those towers came down in new york:(

i really :cen: hate car crashes

Saddest day

A bit weird this one help if I explain my proudest day.
Now most members in the UK will remember their passing out parade as their proudest day, but mine wasnt.
Sure I was proud of that, I mean I had just completed basic training I was half way to becoming a fully fledged airman, but my proudest day was seeing my brother at his passing out parade five years before. It made me proud because all though im his little brother (only in age, hes a short arse lol) I was always smarter (intellectually) he could strip a motor, rebuild it, have pieces left over and it would still run better than it had done before lol. Me I had the ability to read a book cover to cover without having to have a break after each paragraph
So when I saw him in his uniform wearing the cheesiest grin ever I was prouder than i had ever been (up until my son was born)
Which brings me to the saddest moment of my life. My passing out parade because it was the last time I saw my brother truly happy, it was the last time I saw him in uniform doing what he loved soldiering and being my brother even when his son was born six months after mine he didnt have the same cheeky grin that i knew and loved or the sparkle in his eyes it was as if something had removed the happiness from him
Jay :(

The saddest day for me would have had to be Feb 9, 2004

In High School I marched 4 years with the marching band with a trip to Macy's and Hawaii.

One of the members of the band that I trained as a Sophmore when she came in as a freshman passed away in a car wreck earlier that morning. she crossed the double yellow struck a tree and was ejected from the car.

She was dead within 15 seconds of hitting the ground.

I attended the funeral as I found it only fitting since I knew her personnally I came home and I cried for several hours. This is a girl that I would have protected any day.

Basically I feel in love with her never told her how I felt and when I finally said I Love You it was to late.

I just hope as she looks down from the heavans above she now knows I Love Her.

and if not

WHITNEY I LOVE YOU I WILL MISS YOU

Don't think i've had it yet and hope not to for a long time, my condolences to those who've lost someone.

GUNNER

Well, while I was at college I found out that one of my friends was killed in a motorbike accident. He had hit a rock wall and he landed in long grass so he lied there for 15 hours before he was found. It was really sad, not only because he was such a good friend but because he was on his way to his girlfriends house and they were really in love with each other. It's sad, :cry: , but I guess life moves on and we get over it.

Last Thursday when my mother told me that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. This was the worst possible time for me, as a family friend just 2 weeks ago died of breast cancer at the age of 36, having battled cancer for six years. She had three children.

In my mothers case, it was only a minor growth and it was removed on the 4th. They also removed some gland just so the cancer wouldn't affect it. Now she'll have to go through 5 weeks of chemo, but the prognosis is really good. She will most likely make a full recovery.

I think every woman should examine her breasts regularly, because the earlier you spot any lumps, the better.

Dont laugh, but the saddest moment yet to happen in my life was during june of this year, at my boot camp. Dont know if any one wants to here the story though, its kind of lenghthy :?

sgtbreeden said:
Up to this point the saddest moment in my life was when I found out that the Army doesn't want me anymore

Dang! I am so sorry. I will be praying for it to work out for you! :D

I have been through so many sad moments, it's impossible to rate them. As you get older, they accumalate unfortunately. I lost my dad at 15 to heart failure, my mom at 21 to breast cancer. A brother when I was about 19 in a car accident.......but as time goes by, you heal.

9/11 hit me very hard. And was a terribly sad day for me. I think mainly because it solidified the idea that some people will go to any length, including killing innocents.....The incident in Russia saddened me greatly as well. It's funny, because personal deaths have been devastating in my life, naturally. But it is normal, and a part of what life is. No one lives forever. But the cruelty of some people, like those who have committed these senseless acts saddens me in a different, almost deeper level. It speaks to the future of our countries, and the world we live in.

My condolences, from the heart of a person who knows the pain of losing those close and dear. My brother died of SIDS at only 9 months. I was young then and didnt really understand but as I get older, its starts to sink in. He was incredible little guy, considering that he talked fluently, and had already lost the baby waddle. :( :(

Back