What was the saddest moment in your life? - Page 2

--
Boots

September 2nd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Quote:
I'm an Eagles fan.

They lost three straight championship games.

Pick one.
Im a Bills Fan.

They lost 4 straight Super Bowls

Pick One.
September 2nd, 2004  
Jason Bourne

My grandfather died last week, and i couldn't stop crying at the funeral, the Marine Color Guard was their and they did the 21 gun salute and they played Taps, it was so beautiful I couldn't stop crying.

My grandfather served his country loyally in WW2 and he was always proud to be a Marine, even at the age of 84 his Marine Corps pride was more than visible. He served in Iwo Jima, and he was buried alive, luckily his friend dug him out or I wouldn't be here today.
September 2nd, 2004  
peacekeeper

While I was in Kosovo I got the message that grandma passed away earlier that day... I felt very helpless and it was really hard to try doing the normal work while waiting to go back to Sweden for the funeral...
--
Boots
September 3rd, 2004  
Darkmb101

For all those that have lost someone they loved, i give my condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
I don't know if I've had it, yet.
same here, ive never had a truely depressing moment in my life.
September 3rd, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

This past summer, when I had to bury to of my Best firends who had died in IRAQ I myself could not face thier parents.

They were Marines and they won't be forgotten.
September 3rd, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
I don't know if I've had it, yet.
same here, ive never had a truely depressing moment in my life.
Mine are running together.
September 6th, 2004  
SAINT

sadness may make us stronger in character...
September 6th, 2004  
CMA2

After coming home from the Nam and hearing the crap that some Navy officer was spoutin about killin babies and innocents and committing other war crimes.......

Actually lost a job because I was a Viet-Vet..........

Wish he was in my unit so I could "frag'em"
September 6th, 2004  
mvilla2426

Honestly, I've had alot of bad moments, and been through many hard things, but I have not really had many sad moments. I've seen things in my 27 years that most people do not see in their entire life... Mostly violent things. But those things were not sad, per se.

I think the saddest moment was when I found out Dexter was being deployed. I'd never been through a deployment before, and he couldn't tell me the way he wanted to tell me. I'll never forget how I felt at that moment. I knew what being in Vietnam did to my father (he was in the mental hospital my entire childhood-- PTSD) and I did not want that to happen to Dexter. Anyway, I handle it much better now, of course, but it was a really sad time for me when I first found out.
September 6th, 2004  
Keist IV

It was when my Grandmother died in 1993. I remember spending the night at my old boss/friends house. I heard a knock on his door at 0430 in the morning and I answered it. It was my father and I could tell by the look on his face that something was wrong. He told me what had happened and I cried like a baby. My Grandmother on my fathers side was the only grandparent I had ever known and we always connected very well. She was an awesome person and anyone who met her instantly fell in love with her. That is why it hit me so hard and was the saddest day of my life.