what rank? - Page 26

--

May 31st, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Ummm,one would probably get C/Col purely because he was best-looking and they need the Commander. I know our C/Lt.Col.(we arent big enough for a C/Col.)got it as a senior after working his way up from Airman. Most of the time, the big wigs are upperclassmen. Scroggins, our commander, was a Flight Sergeant, Flight Commander,Squad Commander, and Deputy Group Commander before he got to Commander..so he did a lot...
June 1st, 2006  
USAFAUX2004

but what if it a new unit, as in it just has High School kids that ask to start it, and get it. And then you have the usual cadre of Sea Cadets, CAP Cadets and so on. What are the odd they'll get the positions, based on their level in those programs?
June 1st, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Uhh, the CAP and Sea Cadets would probably get some senior positions just because of prior experience.The high school kids would get some of the lower ranked positions.
--
June 2nd, 2006  
c/Commander

In my case, it was prior experience - but in most units, I think that there would be a selection based on performance at the school in athletics, academics, etc. (not in that order, necessarily).
June 10th, 2006  
CDT.Ensign

Cadet Ensign Naval Jrotc
June 12th, 2006  
C/LT Coleman

I am a Cadet Lieutenant in NJROTC.
June 15th, 2006  
FO Seaman

Cadet Senior Airman (C/SrA) CAP
June 23rd, 2006  
seapumas

Cadet Petty Officer Third Class (PO3)
June 25th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by c/Commander
In my case, it was prior experience - but in most units, I think that there would be a selection based on performance at the school in athletics, academics, etc. (not in that order, necessarily).
Most of the time, we don't give out ranks untill the 2nd or 3rd week of school so we can evaluate new cadets and see how they would do in leadership positions...Sort of like an initiation into the corps.
June 25th, 2006  
Ronin

Brand new Cadet Lieutenant Colonel here. So that makes me a sir to all you scumbags. Just kidding.

Whats funny is my SMI insists on having tons of C/SgtMaj ranks, yet we are out of C/Cpl ranks. I guess this is a taste into military leadership and administration.