what rank?

c/LtCdr said:
WTH is a cadet fourth class?

Well, in AFROTC there are C/4C (Cadet Fourth Class) or AS100 or Freshman , C/3C (Cadet Third Class) or AS200 or Sophomore (Also AS250's, but thats another story). Lastly the AS300 (Juniors) and AS400 (Seniors) are C/2d Lt's through C/Col's. There are also AS800's which are engineers here in their 5th year of college.

So basically I am a Freshman in AFROTC. Unlike all the JROTC programs.

c/LtCdr said:
Oh sorry, I misread...thought it said AFJROTC. My fault, sorry. :?

Yea, reading it quick you could think its JROTC. But just think the confusion we get because AS100s wear the AFJROTC C/2d Lt chevron on their Lightweight blues coats as well as BDUs and AS200s wear the C/1st Lt.

I just love explaining how I am AFROTC not JROTC

nulli secundus said:
I'm a Cadet Master Sgt, I've been in for 2yrs 27days 14 hrs 23 mins and 8 secs, but whose counting?

Hmm, at that time I was a C/1st Lt! Already on NER CAC. But not everyone is a rank buster like I was at the time. It just clicked well.

I hear that you guys can take promotion tests every two months. That's insane. It can't take that long to get to C/Col, can it?

Trevor said:
I hear that you guys can take promotion tests every two months. That's insane. It can't take that long to get to C/Col, can it?

If you want to try its a mininum time of 36mos from C/AB to C/Col. There are some stopages for people trying to do that.

I stayed a C/Amn for 9mos then "rank cranked" to now in about 3 years.

You have the oppertunity of promoting every 2mos as a C/AB to C/CMSgt, after that it's different.

From C/2d Lt->C/1st Lt=4mths
From C/1st Lt->C/Capt=2mths
From C/Capt->C/Maj=6mths
From C/Maj->C/Lt Col=4mths
From C/Lt Col->C/Col=N/A

I see. For each rank with us, it's a minimum of 6 months, before you are considered elegible for a promotion.

One more question....What ranks are your parade positions usually? Like is a flight sergeant usually a C/SSgt, a Flight Commander a C/MSgt etc etc...?

Trevor said:
One more question....What ranks are your parade positions usually? Like is a flight sergeant usually a C/SSgt, a Flight Commander a C/MSgt etc etc...?

Any, there are no requirements for the positions.

Gorfour20 said:
Trevor said:

Any, there are no requirements for the positions.

Like most people aren't C/CCs when they are C/MSgts.. But I am.

I'm a Cadet Master Sergeant, Civil Air Patrol

I have been in since April 2003 - making it a year 7 months?

Trevor said:

Well, technically I wasn't right, per the Achievements in officer they're named after a position i.e Achievement 9 (C/2d Lt) is named Flight Commander and Achievement 16 (C/Lt Col) is called Cadet Commander. So per the manual the positions go with your achievement.

Gorfour20 said:
Trevor said:

Well, technically I wasn't right, per the Achievements in officer they're named after a position i.e Achievement 9 (C/2d Lt) is named Flight Commander and Achievement 16 (C/Lt Col) is called Cadet Commander. So per the manual the positions go with your achievement.

But there aren't any huge rules or regs for it. You just don't got a clue what you are doing for a while, thats all. :p

lewis9119 said:
iam a privet first class.

In what? Army JROTC, Army ROTC, Army, Marine Corps JROTC, Marine Corps. (Almost put MCROTC but there really isn't one, just NROTC Marine Option).

And isn't it Private First Class?

I'm a Maj. in CAP and have been in the program almost 4 years. :sniper:
Im also a first year AFROTC cadet :coffee:

im an ensign platoon 4 command second year cadet me and this other kid are the only NS2's that are officers and i believe trevor wanted to kno the Navy JROTC ranks E-1 is seaman recruit E-2 seaman apprentice E-3 Seaman E-4 Petty Officer third Class PO3 E-5 PO2 E-6 PO1 and all the petty officer ranks are the silver eagle chevrons but the navy Petty officer ranks are shinier than the navy Jrotc ranks

Back