what rank?

Been promoted (like a month ago). Feels weird to test again...

Failed my leadership by one point (That sucks, but it was 2, the test key/test had an error)

Passed Aerospace by one point (I don't use the book to do my stuff)

Had done the SDA's Through C/Capt, and had Moral Leadership...

So now it is down to PT, and one more month to take the darned Leadership Test, and THEN I can take the second half of C/2d Lt, and only after doing just as much (minus SDA, cause they are all done) I can promote to C/1st Lt. So perhaps I'll drop a word on this thread in, oh...August?

I'm still a C/2nd Lt, I have to do the leadership test, SDA and everything else 'cept for the aerospace test, CPFT, and all that fun stuff.

But, in two or three weeks (not totally sure about the time range) I'll be moving up from XO to C/CC. W00t, go me!

I have about four more things I need to do for C/1st Lt. Both SDAs, one leadership test, and AE mentor. Possibly AE mentor twice, but I'm not so sure. At least one SDA is more than half way done.

I think CAP is harder than JROTC to get promos and all that jazz...The only reason I'm a c/1lt is because I asked for and recieved the position of Saber Team Commander....I didn't have to take the tests or anything.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
I think CAP is harder than JROTC to get promos and all that jazz...The only reason I'm a c/1lt is because I asked for and recieved the position of Saber Team Commander....I didn't have to take the tests or anything.

I think I agree. Isn't it true that if you move down in position, you get busted down? In CAP the tests get pretty damn hard and VERY few reach C/Col (Like 1602 people as of 1964)

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Yep. Thats how it works...We had a C/Captain one semester, and the next he was a C/TSgt

Now why do I see a problem with that? IDK, but suppose a school with heavy student involvement began a unit. Does that mean one of the students would get C/Col?

Ummm,one would probably get C/Col purely because he was best-looking and they need the Commander. I know our C/Lt.Col.(we arent big enough for a C/Col.)got it as a senior after working his way up from Airman. Most of the time, the big wigs are upperclassmen. Scroggins, our commander, was a Flight Sergeant, Flight Commander,Squad Commander, and Deputy Group Commander before he got to Commander..so he did a lot...

but what if it a new unit, as in it just has High School kids that ask to start it, and get it. And then you have the usual cadre of Sea Cadets, CAP Cadets and so on. What are the odd they'll get the positions, based on their level in those programs?

Uhh, the CAP and Sea Cadets would probably get some senior positions just because of prior experience.The high school kids would get some of the lower ranked positions.

In my case, it was prior experience - but in most units, I think that there would be a selection based on performance at the school in athletics, academics, etc. (not in that order, necessarily).

c/Commander said:
In my case, it was prior experience - but in most units, I think that there would be a selection based on performance at the school in athletics, academics, etc. (not in that order, necessarily).
Most of the time, we don't give out ranks untill the 2nd or 3rd week of school so we can evaluate new cadets and see how they would do in leadership positions...Sort of like an initiation into the corps.

Brand new Cadet Lieutenant Colonel here. So that makes me a sir to all you scumbags;). Just kidding.

Whats funny is my SMI insists on having tons of C/SgtMaj ranks, yet we are out of C/Cpl ranks. I guess this is a taste into military leadership and administration.

Back