What is this pin for?

plain_terror

:?: i have a military pin and i cannot find out what it is from. The pin is white with a blue stripe down the middle and a silver dragon? in the middle with some type uf egyptian looking bird in the top left hand corner, at the bottom it says "play the game". Does anyone know what unit or whatever this pin is for?

Do you have a picture of that pin?
You can mail it to me if you have one. (adress in my profile)

No. My dad just had a lot of pins and stuff and i found it and he said i could have it. My g/f has a digital camera so the next time i go over there i will see if i can get a good enough picture of it so that you can see what it looks like.

Ok, "guest" was me. I thought it signed me in but apparently not. Like i said i will try to get a good picture of it and send it to you. Thaks for your help.

The insignia you are describing is, I believe, the regimental crest (or Distinctive Unit Insignia - DUI) of the 50th Infantry Regiment of the US Army. The critter in the center stripe is a dolphin (I agree, it looks like a dragon, but it's not) representing the city of Syracuse, NY where the regiment was originally organized. The symbol in the canton is a totem pole, taken from the DUI of the 23rd Infantry Regiment, which provided the cadre around which the 50th Infantry was formed. The pale and wavy edges of the blue stripe represent the regiment's occupation service in the Rhine Province of Germany after WWI.

Campaigns: WWI; WWII - Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace, Central Europe; Vietnam - Counteroffensive Phases III/IV/V/VI/VII, Tet & Tet/69 Counteroffensives, Summer-Fall 1969, Winter-Spring 1970, Sanctuary Counteroffensive.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks alot to everyone that tried to help, but now i got another question. It's not really relevant to this topic but what do "Milbucks" do? I didn't see that anywhere is the FAQ section, just curious, thanks.

plain_terror said:
Thanks alot to everyone that tried to help, but now i got another question. It's not really relevant to this topic but what do "Milbucks" do? I didn't see that anywhere is the FAQ section, just curious, thanks.

Look at the "Forum Features".
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

You can still try to mail me the picture, and I'll post it here, so we can be 100% sure that you get the correct answer

150CrestCropEmb.gif

does this help any ??

Back