what are normal for basic

GreggK

what ribbons, medals, or patches are normal to get upon completion of basic training? just curious thanx everyone!

GreggK said:
what ribbons, medals, or patches are normal to get upon completion of basic training? just curious thanx everyone!

:lol:
Just head on down to the craft store and make some yourself if that's what you want.

no.... the reason why i ask is i just talked to my cousin who got down basic a few weeks ago.... he said he got like 6 ribbons, 2 patches and 3 medals... is that normal... or did he stretch the truth there?

Well, you would never get anything at all in the way of awards until you've finished Basic. Then you can get a ribbon that looks rainbow colored. It's called the Army Service Ribbon. A few recruits may get additional awards for outstanding performance. Most, upon graduation, will get their first promotion and earn their first set of stripes AKA 'mosquito wings' informally. That's about it out of Basic. In fact, you won't even be able to wear your unit patch until you graduate from Advanced Individual Training (AIT). At which time you should expect to get your next promotion to Private First Class (PFC) at least.

Ribbons out of boot.....

Yup, 235 on the KD course at SD. Beat my SDI and everybody that out shot him in rifle and pistol received a Big Mac! After being in boot for so long that hamburger was heaven.

Back