What do you do at the navy?

Comandos

Hey all,
I was thinking of serving in the navy, and I have a question just out of interest: I know about old fassioned sailing. I know it involves hard work with puling lines, repositioning sails, etc. I even happen to sail. But in motor ships, what would I be expected to do? What are today's navymen are doing? Also, i'm interasted to know more about the smaller vassles such as destroyers, not aircraft carriars and shuch, since i'm Israeli and the biggest things we have are destroyers as much as I understend.

The possibilities are unlimited as far as possible jobs are concerned.

Keep in mind, the Navy is made up of three main components. Surface ships, sub-surface ships and fly-boys (Shore/Afloat Commands).

Whether it's a Destroyer/Frigate, Aircraft Carrier, Submarine or shore billet, there are so many different fields that the only thing I can suggest is to visit a Navy Recruiter and ask him/her if you can view the 'jobs' catalog.

This manual tells you what the duties are for a particular job, what the prerequisites are and what training will be necessary to work in the rate.

Back