What are my chances for green to gold? - Page 3

--
Boots

April 1st, 2005  
Charge 7

I can understand your frustration and chaffing at the bit to do something, Doody, but my advice is to let sleeping dogs lie. 8 years isn't so very long from 5 years that they may not just pass it by with no notice, especially in this period for the military. Worry about it when and if it comes back at you. I seriously doubt it will.
April 14th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

it is good to be back from the field.

In my mail box was an e-mail saying that my green to gold packet was complete and I will have an answer by 30 June. Charge, you were right all along. I must learn to listen to the old veterans a little more Man I am so glad I do not have to take the SAT's 8)

If all goes well, I will be out of the Army in July and on my way to a being a commissioned officer.
April 15th, 2005  
Charge 7

Congratulations Doody! I look forward to hearing of your progression and hope to maybe have that BBQ or somesuch when you make it to Maine again.
--
Boots
April 15th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
Congratulations Doody! I look forward to hearing of your progression and hope to maybe have that BBQ or somesuch when you make it to Maine again.
Does on or about 1 July work for a warning order? I am planning a 120 mile kayak trip on the Alagash and St. John Rivers in July with my brother. We are planning to set in on 3 July. I am thinking of buying a 12 ft touring kayak, which means I am going to do a 1200 mile drive to maine and then come back. As you know, VT is not that much of a detour. Let me know what you think.
April 15th, 2005  
Charge 7

It may work. It'll be close though. I'm getting married June 25th and we're scheduled to return from our honeymoon on July 2nd. Supposed to fly in early though so we may have time to spend together in the afternoon or evening of the 2nd.

Have you done the Allagash before? I have by canoe more than a couple of times. Great trip.
May 24th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Hey charge 7

My plans are final. I will be driving thru your area on 27 JUN and back through on 8 JUL. You said you will be away come the 27th. Are you free on the 8th for lunch with an old buck Sergeant?

As green to gold goes I am still waiting. Judgement day comes on 30 JUN. I did get a medical remedial on a head injury of mine. The medical review board decided they need more info on my lack of brain power . The ROTC people said medical remedials can be solved by the start of college and does not affect my acceptence into the ROTC program.

SGT Doody
May 24th, 2005  
Molly Pitcher

Hi Doody.

We haven't chatted before but I've read many of your posts. I am Charge's fiancée. I've been reading this board over his shoulder for months and finally decided to make some posts of my own. He's gone down to Ft. Sill for some weeks but he may come online and answer you. I thought I'd keep you from waiting though.

I don't see any reason why the 8th of July wouldn't work out and I know we'd both be glad to see you.
June 18th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

It's Approved!!!!

As of last week my scholarship has been approved. The only thing that stands in my way is some needed medical paper work on a concusion I had in 1999. Since my med records are in St. Louis, I am having trouble getting them. There is a waiver availible and I am working the issue hard. Once that is completed, I will be chaptered out of the Army and will start college this fall.

My new 1st Sergeant is not happy about this. When he heard I got the scholarship, he vowed to investigate it with the Sergeant Major. Since this was approved by my Company Commander as well as my Battalion Commander, I have nothing to worry. Orders for green to gold really cannot be stopped.

I am off to enjoy the day. Thanks to all for the support I have been given through all this

SGT (soon to be cadet) Doody
June 18th, 2005  
DTop

Congratulations and the best of luck. Don't worry about your Top it's in the job description to be grumpy
June 18th, 2005  
SHERMAN

Thats great Doody!