What are my chances of getting a Pilot slot?

Thunder

I have been reading some of these posts and it sounds to me like it is next to impossible to get a pilot slot in the Air Force, unless you went to the academy or have AFROTC. Here is some information.
I am currently finishing my degree in Aviation from Southeastern Oklahoma State, when I finish, I will have my commercial pilot lic., instrument, CFI, multi-engine rating, and about 300 hours. I plan on being done in the next 3 months.
I am a E-5 in the Oklahoma Natonal Guard, I just returned in march from a year long tour in Iraq. I scored a 92 on the asvab and a 291 on my last APFT. I have heard that the Air Force doesn't like to accept people from other branches, is this true?
I would like to fly C-17's, KC-135's, or one of the other 707 variations.
Also, (last question I swear) in the Air Force, what is the longest that you can expect to be stationed on a given base.

:rambo:

YOU SHOULD STILL BE ABLE TO BECOME A PILOT EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE ACADEMY AND AFROTC, AND IN REGARDS TO THE AIR FORCE NOT ACCEPTING PRIOR ENLISTED WAS TRUE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BUT THEY ARE ACCEPTING PEOPLE FROM OTHER BRANCHES THE LAST I HEARD AND I DON'T THINK THAT WAS FOR PEOPLE JOINING THE OFFICER RANKS ONLY THE ENLISTED RANKS.

AND IF THEY SAY NO THEN GO TO THE NAVY RECRUITER THEY HAVE BILLETS FOR PILOTS AND NAVY FLIGHT OFFICERS FOR LARGE PLANES LIKE WHAT YOU WANT TO FLY.

Back