What? Must be the same M1A1 everytime.

--

March 21st, 2005  
FO Seaman

Topic: What? Must be the same M1A1 everytime.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=ab...tured_tank.jpg
I swear this is the same M1A1 that they caught in another town. I think they drive it around claiming to have captured another one.
March 22nd, 2005  
Kilgore

Possibly...

Im wondering though... How did they capture an m1abram in the first place? Don't the American military destroy abandoned/captured M1's
March 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

I hear court martial.
--
March 22nd, 2005  
Charge 7

Is it even our's? The Saudies have M1A1s also.
March 22nd, 2005  
CavScout

Wouldn't be hard to make a mock up, paint it and flaunt it.
March 22nd, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Who "caught" it?
March 22nd, 2005  
Whispering Death

very odd, you'd think there'd be a hellfire missile flying in the background if the U.S. army saw a report of a captured M1A2
March 22nd, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
So does Kuwait. I repair the FLIR on Saudi and Kuwaiti M1A1s every day. There are more countries who have acquired them from those countries but I can guarantee that the driver's systems won't be operational.
March 22nd, 2005  
The Other Guy

Notice the dirt mound in front.

May be used to keep people from seeing the stilts and props holding the molded steel up.
March 23rd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
coming from the SGT that has been there and done that, you are quite correct charge 7. During the first Gulf War, the Iraqis happily captured a few of Kuwait's M-1 tanks. During my drive during OIF, I saw 3 of those Kuwaiti M-1 tanks. At first, I thought that they were from the American forces during OIF. Upon closer examination, I saw the tanks had no American markings common of the current tank force.