What are the Most Powerful Nations in Africa??

godofthunder9010

Just what it said up there. I'm curious, what are the strongest nations on that nutty continent? Every other continent has easier answers to that question.
Asia: China, India, Russia
North America: USA
South America: Brazil
Europe: UK, France, Germany, Russia (many others, but you know who they are for sure).
Australia: well that one is really obvious!

Africa seems less obvious.

Personally, I would have to say Egypt and South Africa.

This is why I do not like people criticizing the US about the Sudan, that is right in Egypt's backyard and it is Muslim Arabs killing native Africans, let Egypt step in and South Africa can provide some financial support.

And why can't Saudi Arabia try to help? It is not like they are short on money.

Or how about the UN? Kofi Annan has said that he get's less respect from the US and EU because he is black, well if he made a proposal to the Security-Council to end the Genocide in Sudan and made sure to use the word Genocide the UN would be bound by their charter to intervene.

And how many times are we gonna have to say never again?

It would be nice if the USA's hands weren't tied on the Sudan mess. We did Afganistan and Iraq, so now everything we do is wrong. I think France is trying to do something over in Sudan actually. Anyone know details?

Also, Republic of Congo seems to have tremendous potential if it can maintain a stable government. Egypt and South Africa are stable governments, so they are the most powerful by default.

godofthunder9010 said:
It would be nice if the USA's hands weren't tied on the Sudan mess. We did Afganistan and Iraq, so now everything we do is wrong. I think France is trying to do something over in Sudan actually. Anyone know details?

Probably trying to sell weapons to the Arabs in the north.

Most influential nations in africa = South Africa and Nigeria

Democratic Republic Of The Congo ( formerly known as Zaire ) has the potential too.

Egypt though geographically is in Africa is considered a part of Middle East.

Egypt and South Africa, although the Congo has the resources (diamonds) to be powerful, I'd also say that the Sudan had potential, in the sense that it could cut off Egypts water supply.

How come all of you fail to notice Nigeria, I don't think Egypt is considered a part of Africa even though it geographically is.Not even sure if its a part of the African Union.

South Africa has by far the strongest economy, so that has to be there, Egypt gets a lot of military support from the US, i think it has the most powerful military in africa, most of central africa is experiencing conflicts or there governments are corrupt. It will be a long time before any of them are stable enough, Gabon is the only country in central africa with a GDP per capita above $4000. Several of the north african countries - algeria, tunisia, morrocco, libya (kind of). Have benefitted from europe and are fairly stable and strong, but only South Africa and Egypt have the economy and military to exert there influence. South Africa even in the 70's or 80's was linked with developing nuclear weapons.

Yeah it is said that the Nuclear location where they did all of thier Nuclear weapons was not actualy destroyed though...just closed down.

However yeah technicly Egypt is considered part of the Middle East even though it is on the African continant. I would have to agree on Egypt, they have been around about 3,000-4,000 years. Thats called staying power.

Can't believe you all are still ignoring Nigeria or you did not read my post ?

>>>>>>>>>>>> NIGERIA TOO <<<<<<<<<<<<<

I think I'd say Egypt or South Africa also. I'm not really familiar with the military power of Nigeria, maybe you could enlighten us?

HI,

I would go with Egypt

With The highest Millitary Expenditure of 4.04 billion

1 Egypt 4.04 billion
2 South Africa 2.0 billion
3 Algeria 1.87 billion
4 Morocco 1.4 billion
5 Libya 1.3 billion
6 Angola 1.2 billion
7 Sudan 550.0 million
8 Nigeria 360.0 million

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spending.htm

The Second highest Population

1 Nigeria 123,337,822
2 Egypt 68,359,979
3 Ethiopia 64,117,452
4 Congo, Democratic Republic of the 51,964,999
5 South Africa 43,421,021

I will give it my Vote ...............but first it has to be considered a African Country i think Egypt is a member of UAE ? :roll:

-=SF_13=-

Back