What are the Most Powerful Nations in Africa?? - Page 7

--

January 13th, 2014  
{ĪnnĪr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
The South African military today are a joke, the army is badly trained, badly equipped and poor quality troops, most of the fighter jets are grounded as there are no pilots to fly them and the Navy is 75% HIV positive.

The Army in Botswana is far superior, they are well equipped and trained by the British Army. I know, I've seen British troops training them.
WE HAVE A NAVY????????? O.o
January 14th, 2014  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by {ĪnnĪr
WE HAVE A NAVY????????? O.o
Sort of. The ANC ordered Diesel submarines from (if I remember correctly) Germany, one ANC twonk stated they bought the subs "in case America attacks us." Well it would provide the US navy with a bit of target practice.
January 19th, 2014  
Easy-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezechiel
South Africa -- Economy

Egypt -- Military

Well said!
--
January 19th, 2014  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-8
Well said!
This is from the London Times not too long ago.

Insert from London Times:

"South Africa is the only country in the world where affirmative action is in the favour of the majority who has complete political control. The fact that the political majority requires affirmative action to protect them against a 9% minority group is testament to a complete failure on their part to build their own wealth making structures, such that their only solution is to take it from others."
January 19th, 2014  
udaka

It is not South Africa? sorry, I am layman about Africa, But I recall the South Africa capability built some advanced weapons ,like the gunship, armor vehicles when the withe colonize power in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
The South African military today are a joke, the army is badly trained, badly equipped and poor quality troops, most of the fighter jets are grounded as there are no pilots to fly them and the Navy is 75% HIV positive.

The Army in Botswana is far superior, they are well equipped and trained by the British Army. I know, I've seen British troops training them.
January 20th, 2014  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaka
It is not South Africa? sorry, I am layman about Africa, But I recall the South Africa capability built some advanced weapons ,like the gunship, armor vehicles when the withe colonize power in charge.
These weapons were built under the previous government. The ANC has effectively destroyed the capability of producing advanced weaponry either by design or by poor management. The ANC has closed the factory that produces the South African assault rifle as the ANC are so paranoid that they are terrified that whites will get their hands on weaponry and overthrow the government.

The gunship was a very good aircraft, however the company that built it could not get their hands on up to date avionics so it was scrapped. South Africa produced wheeled armour vehicles fitted with the 155 gun the G5 and the G6, a very good bit of kit. However, the ANC sold all of their G5's AND G6's to Iraq

South Africa under the old government were involved in testing/producing nuclear weapons which thankfully collapsed before the ANC came to power. I dread to think what the ANC would do with nukes, they haven't got the brain power, ability or capability to control WMD's.
January 20th, 2014  
udaka

African countries can't affordable expensive army budget, give them some old plane like zero or P51 fighter of ww2 ,that's enough .black uncles are so funny in their civil war.

OMG,the black uncle wear the Jeans, sport shoes in the battle. Mama mi ya,he is so cool ,my idol. ashamed all the celebrity of Hollywood.

January 20th, 2014  
udaka

From the black uncles, I learn the war can be fight in this way!

The lovely African people, I love you so deadly!
January 21st, 2014  
BritinAfrica

If those idiots came up against a well trained army they wouldn't last five minutes.
January 21st, 2014  
Warwick

Well they did give the UN and Brits in sierra Leone some trouble until the Brits destroyed the west side boys militia.