What MOS?

PrestonG

OK so lately I've been checking out some jobs I'd like to do in the Army and I am stuck between 3. My problem is that whenever I get out of the Army I want to be a police officer in civilian life and I heard being an MP helps you get prepared for being a police officer but I also heard that MPs get alot of crap. My other choice is Cavalry Scout. At first I didn't know what it was but then did a little research and found out and it sounds like a good MOS for me but I still don't know alot about them. My third and final choice is EOD. This appeals to me because it is a really important job and not many people chose that for their MOS. So any advice on what to do?

After 25 years in the Army I believe that two of the hardest jobs we had are MP's and Cook's. They are on duty every day of the year and few of their fellow soldiers appreciate them.

Both MP and EOD would apply to civilian law enforcement; some MOS's in intelligence would as well.

I have a nephew who was a state heavy weight wrestling champ and had scholarship offers to several colleges. He wants to be a cop and eventually on a SWAT team - he chose to enlist in the USMC, and infantry, as his path.

I think the main thing, though, is just to have served.

I'm particular... just go Artillery... that's always fun to start out with. From there you may be able to transfer into another MOS... Just serve!

OK so lately I've been checking out some jobs I'd like to do in the Army and I am stuck between 3. My problem is that whenever I get out of the Army I want to be a police officer in civilian life and I heard being an MP helps you get prepared for being a police officer but I also heard that MPs get alot of crap. My other choice is Cavalry Scout. At first I didn't know what it was but then did a little research and found out and it sounds like a good MOS for me but I still don't know alot about them. My third and final choice is EOD. This appeals to me because it is a really important job and not many people chose that for their MOS. So any advice on what to do?

On that point with the current tasking for MP's don't count on it. Could change as the draw down begins though.

The idea of easily transferring to another MOS is shaky.

If you think MPs are too difficult, but want to be a cop, you might want to stay in your basement.

It takes a bit more motivation than you seem to have.

The idea of easily transferring to another MOS is shaky.

If you think MPs are too difficult, but want to be a cop, you might want to stay in your basement.

It takes a bit more motivation than you seem to have.

I've put in 12 packets for Space Shuttle Door Gunner and nothing, nothing, nothing!:cens::cens::cry:

Back