What MOS' are the most needed today?

Well, I would suggest you fix your agressive post to Wolfen, maybe apologize in an IM and also truly strive for the less agressive approach in your life, not just here on the forum or your clean adult record will not stay that way. If you go in the military, I doubt you want to spend your time in the brig. C'mon Jim, get counseling if you need to but do something to fix yourself.

The one that I changed it to wasnt good? I know I'm aggressive Ive been trying to fix that the past few months its just you learn to respond to any small sign of "Disrespect" with aggression where I have lived the past 6 years. I know this wont work in the non-criminal adult world so Ive been trying to remedy it.

Maybe if you show some respect towards others and act like someone worthy of respect, you'll actually get it.
Walking around with a "don't respect me" sign slapped to your forehead and then complaining about not getting any respect is like being a ridiculously hot chick wearing skimpy clothes walking down a dark street at two in the morning and then wondering why you're getting gang pumped.

Well, takes one to know one :). Whats that make those twelve people?

That's just a cheap excuse made by people who can't take criticism.

Maybe if you show some respect towards others and act like someone worthy of respect, you'll actually get it.
Walking around with a "don't respect me" sign slapped to your forehead and then complaining about not getting any respect is like being a ridiculously hot chick wearing skimpy clothes walking down a dark street at two in the morning and then wondering why you're getting gang pumped.

That's just a cheap excuse made by people who can't take criticism.

I was just trying to get a laugh about that post. Thats what popped in my head.

Here's a perfect example for you Jim. What 13th Redneck is saying is accurate, maybe a little on the painful side for you to swallow but it is accurate. Learn from this, it's good stuff.
Also, quit making excuses for your inappropriate response to any type of perceived disrespect. That's part of the problem. Identify your problem as yours and coming from inside you and then work on fixing it. Always placing the blame outside of yourself gives you no incentive to work on yourself which is where the problem truly exists.

Here's a perfect example for you Jim. What 13th Redneck is saying is accurate, maybe a little on the painful side for you to swallow but it is accurate. Learn from this, it's good stuff.
Also, quit making excuses for your inappropriate response to any type of perceived disrespect. That's part of the problem. Identify your problem as yours and coming from inside you and then work on fixing it. Always placing the blame outside of yourself gives you no incentive to work on yourself which is where the problem truly exists.

Yeah hes right. I know. So I tried not to respond on that last post as LEAST aggressive as possible. I had something I could of said but I chose to keep it to my self. Is that any better?

Last edited:
Much better and very hard to do I know. Keep it up, don't do it to impress me, do it for you and your future.

!3th Redneck, I thought about that too but usually the ones who are worthless are the ones who won't cooperate at all. Jim is cooperating and showing that he can compromise. That means Jim is not worthless, he does have a desire to be good. The only thing is Jim has to wan tthat more often, not only when he feels like it.

Field Arty? I heard those folks are out doing infantry jobs minus the infantry training. Hope it ain't too true. Good luck.

My States National Guard was mainly Arty until about 3 years ago, everybody has since been reclassed as MP's. In the Sand Box the DIV Arty guys were doing the Grunt/MP thing. Reason being is in most areas ROE's prohibit use of arty unless you get an order signed by God and endorsed by St. Peter, so cannon cockers don't have a place.

Thtas the reason that the Arty units in the States are failing. They spend alot of time training up for duties other than Arty.

I can't imagine there's much use for artillery in Iraq today, Afghanistan sure, but somehow the streets of Baghdad don't strike me as the best locations for dropping a barrage of 105's. I don't think the SD Guard has howitzers anymore, we're pretty much all MP's, MLRS, transportation and chemical engineers now. That last group was pretty needlessly in high demand in March '03 and some of those guys had to do three tours before the POTUS accepted that there weren't any WMD's in Iraq.

It's all changing again. The re-focus in Afghanistan has artillery in the limelight again. Now there is the Joint Fires Observer course out (which I'm going to next month) and a whole new emphasis on artillery. Several millions of dollars have been invested in a new sim training program called i-FACT for example.

Arty has a refined, new role. Motor transport operators are needed more than ever, contract transportation is on the decline on the battlefield as they're just not getting it done.

Arty has a refined, new role. Motor transport operators are needed more than ever, contract transportation is on the decline on the battlefield as they're just not getting it done.

Who knew that love of country was a stronger motivator than money?</sarcasm>

Back