What mess games do you play?

AussieNick

Forum Digger
So you've knocked off work for the day, and you all head to your respective mess.

Do you sit around the fireplace in your cardigan sipping sherry, or do you get blinded and play stupid mess games. If you do, lets hear them.

These are a few we play in our mess.

1. Mess rugby with a frozen chicken
2. Weetbix challenge (eat a dry weetbix as fast as possible)
3. Drinking challenges (including horrible concoctions)
4. Moriati (a game involving two people, blind folded, trying to hit each other, while the rest of the regiment laughs)

These are all fairly tame, but I've heard a fair few (mostly from the sergeants mess) that I wouldn't be allowed to mention here.

Haven't tried Mess Rugby (yet), but we did make a bowling alley and used frozen chickens as bowling balls once.. :lol:

Man, If tried half of that at Wagga on my JNCO Course....Well lets just say that the Warrant Officer wouldn't be eniterly pleased :lol:

We do the obligatory carrier landings up our way.
Or bungie running towards a jug of beer, just out of reach.
Boat races are always popular if we have mixed company ie grunts or pussers are on base and want to get competitive.
RAAF gunnies have some pretty bizzare drinking games.
Always seem to involve nudity, fire and wrecking something!!!

Man, If tried half of that at Wagga on my JNCO Course....Well lets just say that the Warrant Officer wouldn't be eniterly pleased

What JNCO course. I thought you were 16 and not in the ADF yet? How could you be on a corporals course?

He might be in one of those cadet units out at Forest Hill just outside of Wagga Wagga. I think they do courses or something like that in the cadets. But I may be wrong. And if that is the case then he would be talking about his WOD

He might be in one of those cadet units out at Forest Hill just outside of Wagga Wagga. I think they do courses or something like that in the cadets. But I may be wrong. And if that is the case then he would be talking about his WOD

True, fair call.

Back