what medals and ribbons do YOU have? - Page 13

--

April 25th, 2008  
FULLMETALJACKET

hahahha...nice sherman
April 26th, 2008  
doc

The object isnt what medals you have, medals arent that important.. Medal whores are frowned at in all branches of service.
April 26th, 2008  
Spartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukio
So I am a suck up?

I do what I am supposed to not to get what I want, but because it is what you are supposed to do, If you ask me about JROTC ribbons, I will tell ya, I don't think half of em have a purpose to exist. Why get a ribbon or medal something that you should be doing in the first place?
NO.

I am glad you look at it like that Sukio. Do what you are supposed to do, period. Everything else falls into place.
--
April 26th, 2008  
c/Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
The object isnt what medals you have, medals arent that important.. Medal whores are frowned at in all branches of service.
True, but that's the thread

But you're right. It's not about yourself.
April 26th, 2008  
SHERMAN

Israeli army only gives medals for acts during combat, and only gives ribons for serving at time of war. so we dont really frown at medals, cause youd have to do something pretey important to get one.
April 27th, 2008  
doc

well for the sake of the post then...

2 Navy/Marine corps Achievement medals
3 sea service medals
1 combat action ribbon
1 expeditionary medal
expert pistol (both standard and competiton)
expert rifle (both standard and competition)
1 Navy Commendation medal
1 P.U.C.
1 Good Conduct
the National defense (mcdonalds) Ribbon
Global War on Terror
Afghan Service
Iraqi Service
Air Medal
Korean Defense
1 J.S.A.M

Fleet Marine Warfare Pin
Combatant Aircrew Wings
Air Crew Wings
Dive Bubble
Jump Wings
May 7th, 2008  
prot

Topic: OK

Us army Achievement medal
Afghan Service Isaf-Nato medal
Air wings
Advanced nco school medal
5 , 10, 15, years of service medals
operation in our homeland war medal
homeland war medal
May 8th, 2008  
Yossarian

My unit had awards night after my last thread: I got NS ll outstanding cadet, Exemplary military conduct(again), apitiude(again), Exemplary apperace, a medal with it, a Area 12 drill medal, and a medal from the American Veterens society, with certificate and ribbon ( I won't wear it often to preserve it's condition)

But, no promotion, but, I don't fret, for I get to go to leadership academy. I still stand by for what I stood by in my other post.

But I do cherise the AMVETS medal, as well as my billet for leadership, now the hardpart is staying fit, and smart so I don't drop out of the 1 week academy.
July 27th, 2008  
c/Commander

Did you go at Kings Bay, Sukio?
July 28th, 2008  
Yossarian

Yes sir C/Commander, my LDAC was at Kings Bay Ga. Funny though, I did not see the ocean the whole time I was there.