What Are You Listening To Right Now - Page 779

--
Boots

April 14th, 2014  
Sara

Reading and listening to previous posts. The music link doesn't work.
April 14th, 2014  
senojekips

Topic: The Stroll.

A more recent find,...

the Stroll

Obviously being on country wide TV was a big deal as these poor kids look as stiff as boards like frightened Jack rabbits.
April 14th, 2014  
Sara

Where's James Dean?

I have a feeling it was much more fun than they're making it look. Maybe the cameras threw them off.
--
Boots
April 14th, 2014  
Yossarian

Chardonnay is bad...
April 16th, 2014  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Where's James Dean?
Yes I have him as well as the Inkspots. The list I posted was not half of what I have,
April 16th, 2014  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Yes I have him as well as the Inkspots. The list I posted was not half of what I have,

I have some Kyser, Glenn Miller , Inkspots Ole' Dino and even Early Fitzgerald. Ruth Etting and of course the Andrews sisters

Loved these genres of music from that time as a teenager and still even put it on every now again at home.

If I only had a record player... Then I could listen to my Four Aces Record with that fabulous cover of "Shine on Harvest Moon "
April 17th, 2014  
Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
It's an impressive list Spike.

I also have a few tucked away for safe keeping.

Life imitating art imitating life.................
then

now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJBci54t6XQ&hd=1
April 18th, 2014  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
It's an impressive list Spike.

I also have a few tucked away for safe keeping.

Life imitating art imitating life.................
I tried to run off a quick index from my music server ( which is only a small laptop wired into our stereo) It was far too long, so I reduced the page size and took a Screenshot, the summary is at the bottom.

I just love my music, everything from 1930s to light opera.

Shirl makes up lots of Playlists to be played while she does her housework. We have such Playlists as "Washing Day" "Floors day" and "Dusting" among the usual "High School Memories" etc.

It's all WiFi backed up to a Fireproof Safe in my workshop which is 40 metres from the house so I figure it unlikely that they would both burn together should we be unlucky enough to have a fire.
April 19th, 2014  
Sara

This is for the true love birds out there and all those who give us hope.

Happy Easter!!!!

Hope the link works.