What Are You Listening To Right Now - Page 717

--
Boots

January 9th, 2012  
rattler

Meant to post this on New Years Eve, now, with some delay:

Here to all (and I mean ALL) warriors out there, whatever side, whatever cause, whatever place; to all those that do what soldiers do: Follow orders, sometimes along with their heart, sometimes against what their heart tells them. To those who understand what they are doing, and tho those who dont. To those who comply, and to those who cannot. To those who find spiritual aliviation and to those who lose it forever.

From my personal experience, they are all kids, and the statistics seems to be with me, even today, average combat death UK soliders in Astan is 20: in 2010, the average age of casualities was 22, 200 killed were not older than 20, 31 were teenagers: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ju...stan-higher-us. For the Taliban, dont even want to guess...

To all those kids out there fighting (and to their commanders, presumably a bit older), I wish you luck, health and success for the coming year (to our enemies just in a very strictly personal sense, of course).

Onwards!

Rattler

(from a completely different angle, I always have claimed that professional armies shold be composed of ppl 35+ yrs old, things would change considerably, but then this really is a different discussion and is not meant to mean more than a 2nd thought here).
January 9th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

--
Boots
January 9th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Russian is a beautiful language

January 12th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

January 12th, 2012  
KevinTheCynic

Not quite the answer you want to hear...
Right at this moment I am listening to the "dulcet" tones of two high pressure vacuum pumps - the room I work in has two analytical instruments that require a vacuum of around 9x10-6 Torr to operate.
It's so damned noisy I wear ear defenders and I can still hear those damned vacuum pumps!
January 12th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheCynic
Not quite the answer you want to hear...
Right at this moment I am listening to the "dulcet" tones of two high pressure vacuum pumps - the room I work in has two analytical instruments that require a vacuum of around 9x10-6 Torr to operate.
It's so damned noisy I wear ear defenders and I can still hear those damned vacuum pumps!

Ahh similar as a wife, you hear them even with ear defenders, try a hiking trip, it helps.
January 12th, 2012  
senojekips

A Dutch Boy soprano, singing a classic Russian folk song, in German. It doesn't get much better.

Oh Glockenton
Heintje and The Don Cossack Choir - Serge Jaroff