What Are You Listening To Right Now - Page 698

--
Boots

April 3rd, 2011  
rattler

Nice finds, but I find Ronnie Drew´s (R.I.P as well as Mr. Clancy) version even more chilling (gotta turn the volume up a bit in comparison), probably for the voice and that for me his version kind of sounds more "authentic" and matter-of-fact and not so much like a well meant "fishing-for-compliments" attempt (no disrespect meant to song or artist, thats just what comes over for me).

Interesting the two most renowned interpreters of this Eric Bogle (he himself a Scot who emigrated to Aussieland) song would be Irish...

FWIW,

Rattler
April 3rd, 2011  
03USMC

Yeah I enjoy the Dubliners version also, and it does have more edge and less show to it. I really wish that Luke Kelly would have done it instead of Ronnie though.

He's good too

And this one:

Yeah I'm a dark mood.
--
Boots
April 4th, 2011  
-- Dusty

April 4th, 2011  
sky2979

This is one of my best to date....

April 4th, 2011  
rattler

@ Sky, thanks for the Evanescence Bring me back to life thingy, a song I have liked for a long time but could not have placed it, just knew if from the radio.

@ 03: I am also a bit depressed and in a dark mood (I feel it especially after a few brandies), sign of the times methinks.

No music today, still listening to all the input of all you ppl.

Rattler
April 5th, 2011  
Redleg

Just seen the Crow (again), one of my favorite movies and it has a pretty good soundtrack as well.