What Are You Listening To Right Now - Page 629

--
Boots

October 14th, 2009  
claylc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobes_of_the_brain

If you are really interested, read up on the temporal lobe...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
October 14th, 2009  
rattler

@ claylc an nina: tx for the input!

Actually, after living so many yrs with that phenomenon it did not really have me worried, looks I am getting along very well with it... . Basically I was just really curious whether other people also knew such experiences, it is nothing bothering or so, it only comes up when I either *want* to hear it or when nothing else is occupying my brain...

In German we have a word of this (refering to a tune, though, not the phenomenon as such); "Ohrwurm" = "earworm" = some tune that has/will got/get stuck (as Nina so well described it) in your ear...

Composing and anything else in this area is not my field, as I am not creative (another thing I learned over the decades), but loving muic and being able to follow multi-tracked stuff just suits me fine...

As I mentioned todays "current tune", here goes (the part that *I* hear in my mind all day starts with what the girls sing after 2:05 into the vid, for 10 secs, the rest - though I know it by heart - hasnīt made to my "background" tune (yet... might be there tomorrow...).

Manu Chao, "Me gustas tu"

Rattler (relieved sigh)
October 14th, 2009  
rattler

Quote:
Originally Posted by claylc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobes_of_the_brain

If you are really interested, read up on the temporal lobe...

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Okies, probably why I became a photgrapher at some p(o)int in my life (and why my colleagues call me - jokingly desrespectively - "postcard" photographer... Anther mystery solved... Ay, wikipedia and google!

Rattler

(oops, double post, but we crossed, does that save me from a reprimand? Mods? )
--
Boots
October 14th, 2009  
sky2979

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler
no tengo salsa, pero algo para ti, sky (I donīt have salsa, but something for you, sky).

Welcome to Tijuana: Tequila, xxx y Maria y Juana! :) (I guess they crucify you there if you say "hello" that way... :) )

Enjoy anyway,

Rattler

LOL!!! I absolutely luv it!!!!......."Tequila, sexo, y Mari****????" Hehehehehe, yes...Tequila and sex always do go hand in hand ...Thanks for the song, like always "Eres Bello..gracias cielo...besos!!!"
October 14th, 2009  
rattler

also not "Salsa", but "Mambo", letīs see whether this hits Skyīs nerve:

Dutch Band "De Phazz":

De Phazz, "Mambo Craze"

Rattler
October 15th, 2009  
sky2979

LOL! I like it!!! hehehehhee...reminds me of, "mi mami bailando mambo en casa durante dias festivos, como navidad y ano nuevo, lol "...gracias cielo....besotes!!!!...keep'em coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler
also not "Salsa", but "Mambo", letīs see whether this hits Skyīs nerve:

Dutch Band "De Phazz":

De Phazz, "Mambo Craze"

Rattler
October 15th, 2009  
Nina

"Love is in the Air"...John Paul Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AH7e3qK0EA
October 17th, 2009  
mocco

manos al aire - Nelly Furtado and before that bajo otra luz - Nelly Furtado & Julieta Venegas
October 17th, 2009  
pixiedustboo

Skinwalker's Moon --- Robert Mirabal
October 17th, 2009  
captiva303

the sound of music...
(weird occurrence i don't know where it is coming from)