What Are You Listening To Right Now

Well, this is sooooo German that nobody who does not speak it will get the gist (a lot of puns), just saying it is super hilarious, the guy is one of my favorite comedians, and it is just the song I need to hear right now...

Excerpts (translated) "I believe you are the most fascinating woman in the world... OTOH, I do not know the others really, so I might not be able to judge it in detail... but then, this is not really tragic, because I know that I do not just want to part my love for literature with you...". Or: "I love about you that you are a gal that knows what she wants: Me! This is a really practical thingy as it somehow really eases my communication process with you... :) )

[yt="Claudia" by Bodo Wartke]qq0QJaBGP7Q[/yt]

Rattler (out for some time)

I'm watching (AND LISTENING), to the 2009 Little League World Series (US Pool A) ... Washington and Iowa are playing and Iowa is leading 5-1 .. top of the 6th inning with Washington at bat. {Strike out ... Iowa wins}.

google the lyrics (letra) with group and title, e.g. "Letra estopa cuerpo triste" (which n this case will lead you to http://www.sitiodeletras.com/mostrar.php?lid=29411&artista=Estopa&titulo=Cuerpo%20triste), then copy and pass by traduction machine: http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=es#

Will give you at least an idea (if you look at the vid it is clear):

Original:
Salistes tu una mañana
buscando tu colocon
a ver si caen por la cara...
Unos cubatas de ron
y te encuentras tan solito
la gente te da de lao
yo te digo compadrito
que te tienen colocao

y por contar tantas trolas
eres famoso en el barrio
contando tantas milongas
generas 1000 comentarios

don - de vas cuerpo triste
por donde entraste saliste
don - de vas cuerpo tristeeee

ayer te vi colocado
no me lo puedes negar (ese joseee)
no se quien te habra fiado
alguien nuevo del lugar
yo se que tu le pusiste...
Tu mejor cara de actor
yo te digo cuerpo triste
que no tienes salvacion

y por contar tantas trolas
eres famoso en el barrio
contando tantas milongas
generas 1000 comentarios

don - de vas cuerpo triste
por donde entraste saliste
don - de vas cuerpo tristeeee (x2)

y ahora te andan buscando
por beber mas de la cuenta
vinieron 2 preguntando...
Mejor sera que no vengas

vente cuando quieras pa mi casa
que yo te doy gloria
yo siempre te abro la puerta
que te has quedao en la parra

vente cuando quieras pa mi casa
te estoy esperando...
Yo siempre te abro la puerta

yo se que tienes buen corazon...
Cuerpo triste...de donde saliste?

Cuerpo tristeeee....(x4)
de donde saliste
donde vas.
Machine translation:
Leaving in morning
looking for your impact
let´s see if there fall ...
Some cups of rum
and you feel so alone
you people snitch you
I tell you compadrito
they have you drugged...

and because so many controls
you are famous in the neighborhood
telling many stories
you generate 1000 comments

don - sad body
where you entered you got out
don - sad body

Yesterday I saw you drunk
You can not deny that (joseee)
you do not know who will be relied
someone new site
I know you put your ...
Your best side actor
I tell you your sad body
does not have salvacion

and because so many checks
you are famous in the neighborhood
counting many milongas
1000s you generate comments

don - the body ´sad
where you entered you got out
don - the body sad (x2)

and now they go looking for you
for drinking more of the account
2 were asking question ...
Best you do not come

come to my house anytime
that I give you glory
I will always open the door
that you stay on the vine

come to my house anytime
I'm waiting ...
I will always open the door

I know you have a good heart ...
Sad ... where did your body leave?

Body tristeeee ....( x4)
where they go out
where do you go.

Indeed, Flamenco (on which most of the Spanish Music I am listning to is based) has sophisticated lyrics (poem quality, they can stand alone).

You are most welcome anytime to an intensive 2 weeks workshop on Spanish music at my place and village, Spanish Music (modern) can only be understood in context really.

Rattler

Last edited:
Jilly, much appreciated, my pleasure.

Now:

A classic, dubbed here, but also interesting, *my* kind of music to have me swirl over the dance floor, looking sophisticated, in my tuxedo & "pajarita", my cowboy boots shining and clacking the rhythm, and - of cause - with a GinTonix in hand... :) ... make that around 0400+ local, girls at my feet by then... do I need tell more? :)

This one also works (turn up basses, youtube does not have them):

Enjoy,

Rattler

P.S.: This is the "classic" I was refering to, some like it better, on the dance floor works the same for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgWm8o_lE7M, (again: turn up basses well) R.

Last edited:
... to some strange tecno-trance stuff, anybody can identify it?

My future wife Svetlana in her Sukhoi 26/31 (don´t tell her, she doesnt know yet :) )

Rattler

----------------

... and as this forum does not allow to post twice in a row, even if its half a day later and about something completly different, here an EDIT (new post, actually):

How am I supposed to live with you?

this probably wanted to say "without" you? Or is it the classical Freudian Slip (then ! think !)?

I love Motown too -

Here a favorite of mine:

My guy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h5_d7mD8kI

Well the obvious answer would be "My Girl" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCRcra2o964), but if you´re into Motown you will like the one I am currently listening to (you have opened a long closed door in my musical memories):

Also Temptations, "Just my Imagination"

Enjoy,

Rattler

P.S.: ATTN Mods: Isn´t this a bit off sensibility? I know I asked before, got my answer, and I am complying (for the record: reluctantly), but I still do not see the sense in that rule.... R.

Last edited:
Ok, here my nicest version of Ludwig Van´s 5th (well worth watching while listening, but listening to it on the sofa with your gal in the arms, or just with eyes closed makes you understand why pilots like to do aerobatics to this stuff...).

I always loved (the young!) Karajan, with German precision, and then with his personal fervor imposing his own speed rules to old partitures, and then deciding doubling/tripling the basses in the small units... This one, with the big guns (7! contrabasses!... and another 6 or 7 celli! see 1:14 part 1) is impressive to say the least... Disco form the past, so to say....

So, turn he basses up, the trebles down and enjoy the two parts from 1966 (2 parts because of length)!

Rattler

Ludwig Van, 5th, directed by Karajan, Part 1

Ludwig Van, 5th, directed by Karajan, Part 2

Last edited:
... and living totally classical today reminded me of my choir times, and then it reminded me of Rob... and then of the hard times when singing JSB Mass in H-Moll (B-Minor in English?) which in the end turned out to be too much for me....

So: ...this one for you, Rob (don´t try at home w/o adult supervision, these are bastards to sing...:) - esp the male voices...)

JSB, BWV 232, "Gloria et in terra pax" (excerpt)

JSB, BWV 232, "Crucifixus"

JSB, BWV 232, "Hosianah en excelsis"

JSB, BWV 232

Enjoy,

Rattler

Last edited:
Rattler, I have heard the first two at various times before, can't remember where now. Very powerful music.

I like this artist, she has a really good voice. A couple of my favorite songs by her:

Martina McBride - Ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3bKcuRw87E

(sorry, embedding not allowed in this one)

wildAngels

Jilly,

maybe its not my kind of music simply, she is not bad, well arranged, nice lyrics, great vids, but:

Voice?

Voice must give me the creeps to qualify.

Try this, then we talk again, if yo havent got goose bumps by 1:38 or at 3:58 maybe I do not understand the term correctly.... (turn your volume up a wee bit and trebles down, it´s a 1969 recording):

A *Voice* from the Past

Alternatively, another one (actually, two!), it works w/o creeps also (EDIT: A lie, goose bumps along also.... :) ):

What Can I Say?

Enjoy,

Rattler

-------------------------------
-------------------------------

(EDIT, 14 hours later, for not double posting):

I do not believe it: How could I ever forget this divine song, and for so long?

Haven´t listened to it for 20 yrs+ or so and just by chance stumbled over it again today.... One of my all time favorites (and maybe I shouldhave chosen this for "voice" and goose bumps....)

Enjoy, from Warsaw to Rome!

Yello, "Rhythm Divine"

Rattler

Last edited:
Back