What Are You Listening To Right Now

Well, our village fiesta started today (despite the ETA bombing, Paguera cancelled theirs; ok for me both ways), and for the first time our Town Hall recognized the fine musicians that we assemble in this 150 ppl village, tonight we will see a few of them after 0100J.

For me the one that stands out most (as almost always) is my neighbour Malcom "Molly" Duncan (http://www.mollyduncan.com/index.cfm/page/307), probably know to many of you - even if the name does not ring a bell - as the sax in Dire Straits "Local Hero" soundtrack and - more present maybe - the long time stage sax of Average White Band.

Just listened to the sound check through my after-work-beer(s) & brandy(s) - the concert is about 100 mtrs from my house-, great stuff coming up, and I prepare for some serious partying by listening to some of his best performances right now:

Average Wite Band - best funk band ever! - Montreux ´77 "Pick up the pieces"

Dire Straits (Molly still young then) from their "Local Hero" soundtrack, "Your Latest Trick", one of my fvorite sax tunes even before having heard of Molly in person

As "Rattler" the piece "Rattletrap" always called my attention , here performed by the German formation "So What´s The Funk" (amateur vid, turn down volume)

And finally, a solo composition (with "Intense"), "Jamming´in my Head": *True* Groove and all that a sax can add to it...!

JFDR, they will perform at 0030J (scheduled) til 0230J in Sant Elm, Mallorca, with "Geoff Evans Band" (here an amateur vid of Geoff from our neighbour village fiesta on May 31, 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YASIGvboo2I NOTE in the rear Jan Kobrzinowski on bass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XZBCGauKuE here performing at "Sa Taronja" - http://sataronja.blogspot.com/ - in the neighbour town of Andratx where we have a jazz concert every 2nd Thrusday), also living here and joining in tonight...

If you like muisic, our village might just be right for you... Methinks we have one of the highest fine musicians density per capita... :)

Enjoy,

Rattler

Last edited:
ZZtop I feel so "tender" with this song

Rough boy live

Now I have decided to continue listening ZZ top, but not feeling "tender"

Legs

Nice!

Me, its ´70s and ´80s in preparation for tonights 2nd party:

Kool & the Gang

Long forgotten: September by EWF

and, even better: EWF, "Reasons"

Enjoy,

Rattler

You like selena???? cool, cool, :)

I love shania she's so freaking talented and beautiful...Her Ex-husband is a total jackass....how can someone leave someone as beautiful as Shania???? I just dont get it??? ....sigh..anyway cool song...

That´s like comparing bacon with speed (it´s not valid saying a pig with pepper in ass running in the highway). We don´t know how she is at home, perhaps can´t stand her even her dog. :confused:

That´s like comparing bacon with speed (it´s not valid saying a pig with pepper in ass running in the highway). We don´t know how she is at home, perhaps can´t stand her even her dog. :confused:

You know you're right....Being beautiful isn't everything....People are diffrent, at home versus work, and out there in society....I've met beautiful men, who are total jackasses, and I'm like how can someone soooooo beautiful be so stupid, ??? Just can't stand the person regardless of their beauty.....sigh..anyway....I guess no one witnesses what happends behind closed doors....

You know you're right....Being beautiful isn't everything....People are diffrent, at home versus work, and out there in society....I've met beautiful men, who are total jackasses, and I'm like how can someone soooooo beautiful be so stupid, ??? Just can't stand the person regardless of their beauty.....sigh..anyway....I guess no one witnesses what happends behind closed doors....

You caught it. :pray:

LOL...."gracias"..thank you....I'm learning, don't ya think?? lol...:mrgreen:

You learnt time ago, simply u forget thing sometimes. Not much more than others do. We are humans, so a trauma to Darwin´s theorema. How can we be the dominant specie when we act so oftenly like neirds?

Now music, you would like the second one

ACDC. Two´s up

Marea. Corazón de mimbre

Enjoy...or not

You're right, I liked this second one :) thanks for reminding me about life happenings....sigh...."thats life huh"...:)

You learnt time ago, simply u forget thing sometimes. Not much more than others do. We are humans, so a trauma to Darwin´s theorema. How can we be the dominant specie when we act so oftenly like neirds?

Now music, you would like the second one

Marea. Corazón de mimbre

Enjoy...or not

Back