What Are You Listening To Right Now

and, currently (I am more on the softer - but *powerful* tunes atm, with great lyrics and strong, good voices):

La Mari de Chambao & Estrella Morente, "Lo bueno y lo malo"

Estrella Morente is the daughter of Enrique whom I fetured earlier, not only does she sing like an angel, it also helps she is not really ugly... :) :

Estrella Morente, "Volver", starts out softly, and then, with very subtle changes in her expression and a few movements, suddenly goes full intensity...

And one of my flamenco favorites, for the lyrics (Haiku, almost), and Dorantes is one of my heroes...:

A "Nana" (song you sing to children to make them sleep) flamenca interpreted by the genious pianist David Peña "Dorantes"

Enjoy

Rattler

Last edited:

Solideo, my friend:

As much as I like this type of music, but: How can you listen to this adrenaline level all day??? :pray:

Am I doing something wrong or is it just the :cens: 15 yrs between us?

I *need* music to contemplate as well, to listen, to see the beauty of nature, the universe and all, who am I, why are the others so strange, where do I go, why am I here (just joking :) )? Etc. ... and it usually is along those ones (if they have lyrics):

La Mari y El Miguel, "Como lo siento", from the same concert I featured before, the first after her chemo...

Cannot translate the lyrics (as they are too poetic for my English capacities, but I assure you they rock, another song tht leaves me with a broad smile and a tear (of joy) at the same time !):

Me dao cuenta
de lo poco que soy

Se reparten mi ser
aquel que solo piensa que sera algun dia

Que el presente es
el medio pa lo que quiere alcanzar algun dia

Hay otro que solo piensa en el pasado
por que le encanta recordar
ya sean penas o alegrias
lo que daria por cambiar lo que es,
donde esta...

La esencia esta dentro,
como lo siento,
el tiempo esta fuera

escucho sonidos,
silencio bajo el sonido
observo el ritmo que mi respiracion lleva
como fluye dentro y fuera
W/o lyrics, and for the same purpose (and especially when co-inciding with stashing away some of the green stuff I am trying to keep from turning brown) this one serves when sitting 260 mtrs above the sea on a cliff and seeing the boats go by (from this distance they look like crocodiles in the water) - and *no* beer with this situation, just the sundown, my friend Jack Daniels + the dogs by my side and a cosy sleeping bag of pine branches to sleep below the moon and stars later ... (re: your PM: Agree, we really should share a JD - or two - some times in the future...:) ):

Andreas Vollenweider (a German Standing Harp genious), "Cosmopoly" form his album "Whale Rider"

Standing Harp: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harp

Off to my cliff now (day´s work done! :) ),

Enjoy,

Rattler

Last edited:

Interesting.

Frankly, for me, they are coming over fairly sterile (no *real* voices, and lacking "groove"), but that´s probably my age... :(

Anyway, thx for sharing, keep them coming!

Rattler

Solideo, my friend:

As much as I like this type of music, but: How can you listen to this adrenaline level all day??? :pray:

I *need* music to contemplate as well, to listen, to see the beauty of nature,

Enjoy,

Rattler

LOL Rattler. I am pure adrenaline. As Metallica said " Adrenaline starts to flow, we are thrashing all around, acting like a maniac....Whiplash!"

Whiplash

I also love to contemplate the beauty of nature through nice songs, most of this in German. Lovely.

Doro lovely bird

Un abrazo mate, (hughs)

Carmen Paris, "Nací en el Mediterraneo", 1:30, 1:57 and 3:35 photos from where I live

Carmen Paris, "Savia Nueva"

Carmen Paris, "Cuerpo Triste"

Enjoy,

Rattler

Last edited:
So many songs from Rattler have made me looking forward to listening to this band.

Estopa- Como Camarón

Tragicomedia

Back