What Are You Listening To Right Now

Nice (and unkown to me before)!

I have noted your affination to ´70s "Black Sabbath" style before, maybe you will also enjoy this one, a favorite from my days as youngster:

In 2002 UH made a (30 yrs later revival) concert "The Magician´s Birthday Party", still a smash... (the original in ´72 held one of the best badass rock guitar solos ever, in this vid - slightly less impressive than 30 yrs ago, we all get older - after min 4:30):

Uriah Heep, Magicians Birthday, live 2002

Enjoy,

Rattler

Nice (and unkown to me before)!

I have noted your affination to ´70s "Black Sabbath" style before, maybe you will also enjoy this one, a favorite from my days as youngster:

In 2002 UH made a (30 yrs later revival) concert "The Magician´s Birthday Party", still a smash... (the original in ´72 held one of the best badass rock guitar solos ever, in this vid - slightly less impressive than 30 yrs ago, we all get older - after min 4:30):

Enjoy,

Rattler

I can hear almost everything could be called music. Uriah were not one of my favs, I prefered this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZnsPRObHXM&feature=related

Of course I liked Sabbath

Cheers mate

You probably haven´t head the name, but crrently listening to the probably fastest Hard Rock Picker currently alive, Yngwie Malmsteen (Stockholm, Sweden, June 30 1963), if you ever have a chance to see him perform in concert (and you do like Hard Rock), by all means go, well worth the time and money spent:

Yngwie Malmsteen (solo), "Blue" (after 30 sec introduction, what a technique! ... and thats one of his softer solos :)

In concert, it comes over like this in Sabbath style: (Mats Leven - vocals, Yngwie Malmsteen - guitar, Barry Dunaway - bass, Mats Olausson - keyboards, Jonas Ostman - drums ):

Yngwie Malmsteen In Concert, "Rising Force"

First tuen I ever heard by him was "Adagio", excerpt from the posters comment:

Here's some Yngwie playing in Leningrad again. This piece is often refered to as Adagio, because it's mainly the melody from Albinoni's Adagio in G minor.

But what's more - he's starting it with the main theme from Allegro Maestoso, the first part of Paganini's Violin Concerto no. 4 in D minor, which I think, is an absolute killer...

And come, on - the way Yngwie runs through the scales just like that... it's just pure awesomeness.
Yngwie Malsteen, "Adagio"

And, as we had Bach´s Toccata in D-minor lately, another concert gimmick, harder is not possible, IMHO

Yngwie Malmsteen, "Never Die!"

Plenty more on uTube,

Enjoy,

Rattler

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew og Malmsteen, I think he was Swedish.

Now my aportation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zmhY20ZZkY

Not a very known magnific guitar player

Good, indeed! Reminds me a bit of Santana!?

On another angle:

Yes, Malmsteen is from Sweden (at least, last time I looked, Stockholm was still firmly installed there as capital :angel:), but I agree, you cannot be sure with names up there North, see my typo in the post before, others do not fare much better...:

Italian Troops (elite Alpini), a few years ago, accidentally "invaded" (neutral) Sweden when they (or rather their pilots) - during a NATO exercise - messed up Kristiansand (Norway, their AA) and Kristianstad... :) (luckily they did not then revert to Kristianssund, the war might have become ugly... :) )

From The London Times, 29.5.2000:

For most of the armies taking part, it was a routine exercise that involved little more than turning up at the right place.

For Italy's elite mountain infantry regiment, this proved too much. The 116 soldiers from the Alpini unit were due to arrive at Kristiansand in Norway on Saturday for a Nato exercise.

Nobody had consulted a map, however. Puzzled immigration officers at the airport of Kristianstad in Sweden watched as the troops, in their distinctive Alpine caps decorated with feathers, disembarked some 300 miles from where they should have been.

"It does not seem to have occurred to anyone in the unit that Sweden is not part of Nato," the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera commented. "Kristiansand and Kristianstad may sound remarkably similar, but that is no excuse for Italy invading Sweden in error."

Kristiansand is on the southern Norwegian coast, facing Denmark, while Kristianstad is in southern Sweden, not far from Malmo.

The incident comes at a particularly embarrassing time for the authorities, who are trying to counteract an "unfair and outdated" image of the Italian military as comically inept.

Defence Ministry officials said that the plane had been chartered from a civil airline. The flight had "not followed the usual military procedures". A spokesman for the airline said that as there was also a Kristiansund near Trondheim in central Norway, it was not surprising that the pilot had lost his bearings.

General Anselmo Donnari, the Italian military attaché in Oslo, said that the troops had eventually reached Norway "in good order", and the exercise had started as planned.
So, just made sure I added the "m"´s, and be it a bit late, in "Edit" mode... :)

Rattler

Last edited:
Good, indeed! Reminds me a bit of Santana!?

On another angle:

Italian Troops (elite Alpini), a few years ago, accidentally "invaded" (neutral) Sweden when they (or rather their pilots) - during a NATO exercise - messed up Kristiansand (Norway, their AA) and Kristianstad... :) (luckily they did not then revert to Kristianssund, the war might have become ugly... :) )

Rattler

Good information, I didn´t know about that.

Here is your guitar reward, although his second name does not sound quite well in Spanish :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzzrtibLdUE&feature=related

Cheers mate

Here is your guitar reward, although his second name does not sound quite well in Spanish :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzzrtibLdUE&feature=related

Cheers mate

ROFL (re the name).

Great guy: Pefect picking technique (though not always the propagated up-down), hairstlye and looks perfect for a hard rock star, but: TOO SLIM!

Where did all the beers go? No belly? Did not leave a trace?

A no-no for a true Hard Rocker... :)

Thx for sharing, on my investigation list... :)

Rattler

Full Moon tonight (0105J here, first time this year I went for a swim in this 300 Million year old soup commonly called "Med", thats the night in July when you can see all kind of creatures you will never see during daytime, in B&W as the moon does not allow to activate the eye cells that see colors under water, but apart from that as clear as any day, TRULY AMAZING! Fish Soup!)...

In reference, those come close to my sentiments during the underwater experience:

Some nice, fast Jam Rock with a jamming guitar solo: Full Moon, "Sonata Arctica", Spanish Subtitles

And, as it is also the second time I cannot share this (tradititional, for me) expericence with my wife...:

Ella FItzgerald, "Blue Moon": How I love this song, when I am listening to it I realize I still keep missing my Ex (...but my aim is getting better :) )

Excerpt:

Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Blue Moon
You know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold;
I heard somebody whisper "Please adore me!"
And when I looked to the Moon, it turned to gold...
Enjoy,

Rattler

Back