What Are You Listening To Right Now

Well, been researching dead muicalgeniuses of the last 50 yrs for some hours now, additionally working on my "Contemproary Spanish Popular Music" thread (some victim testers here will know by now :) ), and in the end could not go on anymore.

So, to find peace of mind, back to classical:

Starting out with some light Grieg (Peer Gynt, Hall of the Mountain King) to change chip and get in the mood, then made it to JSB, Toccata and Fuge in D-minor, probably the best meditative piece I ever have heard: The beauty of the sound, combined with the beauty of the (mathematical) architecture and the rhythm patterns created by the 5 voices (what we call arrangement today, Fugue starts about 1:35 into the piece) had me totally captured.

Imagining that the guy simply *improvised* that on a sunday morning in church (that is what "toccata" means) stretches my imagination (and respect) for what the human being is able to achieve to the max...

Enjoy! (best heard when you have time to listen with volume turned up to what your equipment/house/neighbours allow, 5+ brandies or equivalent dose of other drugs and nobody around to disturb you for 12+ minutes)

Rattler

Edvard Grieg, In the Hall of the Mountain King

J.S.B., Toccata and Fugue in D-Minor, BWV 565, Organ

P.S.: And the relation to the dead geniuses? Denis Fedorov! Same thing with same effect, but *on accordeon!!!* R.

Denis Fedorov, Toccata and Fugue in D-Minor, BWV 565, Accordeon

Last edited:
Ratller if u know the band Epica,the are taking classical pieace and trun them into neo-classical-metal thingies,very cool one of their work was when they took "in the hall of the mount. king and made in rock and metal like

Tell you the truth, epica is cool. In the Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg is a great piece and was already covered by Rainbow to most satisfactory results:)

Back