• Organized Sports

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please specify

• None

• Total voters

Duty Honor Country

I am curious as to what kind of physical training everyone does here at the forum.

As for me, I like to bike and swim a lot. I won't run unless someone makes me.

I think my icon shows I'm a weight's guy ;)

Recreational of course I love biking, but it's not something I do to excercise per say.

That reminds me, I play High School tennis and used to play football, but I Id get injured too much and it put to much strain on my acidemics.

Ive also taken to putting 50 pounds in my backpack and walking around the woods for 3 hours, here that kinda stuff helps for the military :D

One sit up a day. Half when I sit up in bed after awakening and half when I lay down to go to bed. :lol:
Actually sit-ups, push-ups, walking, running and also a P.O.S.C. work out I have for law enforcement. (Principals Of Subject Control)

For recreation I enjoy biking and swimming, but not for the physical aspect of it. So as far as actual PT goes, I'd say military PT with my JROTC Unit three times a week. (Once every Friday and twice a week afterschool with my raider team.)

Military PT because of Cadets, and then I play sports and I ride my bike.

Then there's my favourite sport sleep on the couch.

I am a football player, so I also lift weights quite a bit(Not just any old weight lifting, either! power lifting!). But it all falls under OS.

Silent_Grunt_jb said:
Well lets see besides Military PT I lift, run,swim,take care of an 8 year old.

...Am I seeing things or did you used to be Swift and Silent or something like that? Or was it always Silent Grunt jb? Or is it the icon? Now back on topic... :stupid:

Well, it'll have to be running! I do it on a very regular basis (once a year - for the annual physical test j/k)

Jokes aside - Skiing (cross-country and alpine) is my favourite during the winter, but running is my all-year favourite! ;)

Call me crazy but I actually like to run, I can do two miles in about 14 mintues, which from what I hear from some of the guys I talk to in Iraq, "isn't bad for a civilian chic." I run at least two or three times a week, if I do more than that, I have no endurance. I also ride horses, at least three times a week, which depending on what your doing and which horse your riding, it can be a full body workout. The one's I ride, make me work! Oh just never ask me to do a push up though, I couldn't do a push up even if one of y'all shot me in the ass with an M-16. lol, Ok I can do about two but I would hate it tommorrow. lol :lol:

Has anyone been punished or yelled because you did PT on your own?

The other day, I swam 3,700 meters in the pool. There was a time when that swim wouldn't have hurt me too bad. I have a lot of work to do. Anyways, the next day I was hurting and I came in for PT expecting a decent run. It was only a 3 miler, so I thought I was ok. The last half mile ended up being a sprint. At some point I ran out of gas. I was totally spent. The NCO's at replacement were yelling at all the fall outs telling us we were all weak. I wanted to invite them to the pool to see how they would do. Like a good soldier, I kept my mouth shut.

The military wants you to be in peak shape. But if you really punish yourself on your own, you may be looked down apon in the short term.

Doody said:
I am curious as to what kind of physical training everyone does here at the forum.

As for me, I like to bike and swim a lot. I won't run unless someone makes me.

I used to run when someone made me, but NOW they run when i make them! HAHA! lol

Back