What kind of Internet connection do you have?

What kind of Internet connection do you have?

• 56kbit (Phone line)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 64/128Kbit (ISDN)

• Up to 256Kbit (Broadband)

• Up to 768Kbit (Broadband)

• Total voters

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
I just wonder what kind of Internet connection you all have, and how fast it is?

All of the University of Wisconsin system is on T1s. though I'm on break right now which just means cable modem. Not much longer though.

I have high speed thorugh my university residence -I think it is T1 or T3, those figures stick in my head for some reason, but I am not 100% sure.

Cable at home. It's a pain in the arse sometimes, 'cause I have it on a wireless connection on my laptop, and my knowledge of computers is very minimal. And I'm the most knowledgable in the house, so I had to do it. Let's just say it's very winged.

Dunno. And I can't vote.. Because this computer belongs to the Södra Älvsborgs Hospital..

Wich means they have a ADSL.

The modem say DSL-3001

Wich I think doesnt that you a damn thing.. Haha..

Well, so..

But it says D-Link as well.. So you guys tell me..

What should I vot as in the pull?

I mean, It's quite fast actually..

I have Cable. All i can say about it because i just get the Internet i don't look into how fast it is and such :p Going to be upgrading to Blueyonder 2MB soon though ;) (Blueyonder is the Internet Provider i use just incase you were wondering :))

DSL :(....and its base DSL so its the slowest....but it beats the hell out of having a friggin 56k connection thats really a 1k connection....which is what we used to have.

56K baby .. it's not too bad, but a pain in the arse to have to keep buying hamsters for the little wheel.

:lol: First time I ever had or used the internet was when I came to school four years ago, so I've never known the joys of dial-up.

I have DSL which fluctuates between 450k-500k. It's cool. My neighborhood is the only one in South St. Louis with DSL, because it's right next to the Anheiser Busch Brewery. Leftovers to the people! WOOHOO!!
You wanna talk about slow, I used to run a C64 BBS on a 2600 baud modem. I could hit enter, go do a set of sit ups, and come back just in time to see my page load up. Who says nerds are in bad shape?

Back