What to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entoxy

Well im nearly 16 years old , and still trying to figure out what branch i should join when im 18, ive been thinking of joining the 101st Airborne thats based in Fort Campbell Kentucky. any Suggestions or Ideas?

canadianpatriot said:
well , if your looking for adventure join the airbourne or infantry , but it's hard and physically demanding , the navy is good but i heard it can get boring , and in the air force you don't stand a chance of being a pilot if you don't have university degree or go to military pilot , so you'll have to be a desk jockey or air defence , i would recommend the air defence in the air force , because you go to allied and your own bases home and overseas, my dad was in air defence , and hes been to germany , tahiti , fiji , australia , hawaii , france , italy , united states , cyprus , etc

canadianpatriot has been banned for two days for failing to read or pay attention to the sticky notice at the top of this forum.

Another good thing to remember is the higher you score on the Armed Service Vocational Apptitude Battery (ASVAB), the more jobs that you will be allowed to choose from. I have actually been selected to attend certain schools because of my ASVAB score, and I took that in 1997 and it still affects career decisions today such as Noncomissioned Officers Education Schools (NCOES). This is for the United States Military by the way. Just to clarify for everyone else. Feel free to PM me for more information about the Army as a career. I will field your questions at work from more senior NCOs to get you the best answers.

The 101st is one on the most decorated divisions in the US Army. I think they have the most awards of any unit during WWII.

Well the 101st are in movies, video games and are well known for their involvement in D-day, market garden and Bastogne.... Of course they would be the most decorated. :)

The 101st still do parachuting or do they use helicopters for airbourne transport nowdays?

This thread has run its course, Entoxy, if you have any further questions, feel free to create another one.

stell, pay attention to your PMs.

Entoxy, there have been many threads on this forum concerning different branches and units within the US military. Try doing a search, I am positive you will find plenty of information that way.

If you have any specific questions reguarding joining - start a new topic and we will be happy to answer them.

As a side note - I have deleted some of the less than helpful posts in this topic. I would suggest everyone read the sticky at the top of this forum, this goes for new comers and old members alike. This is not a forum for guessing or populatrity games between branches. If your information is not factual - or you do not have actual knowledge/experience on the subject - do not give advice to others in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back